I Miss You Mom

Isaac and his mother lived alone in a small house on a hill. Isaac kept to himself, drawing pictures, and playing with his toys, as his mom watched christian broadcasts on the magic crystal. Life was simple, and they were both happy. That was until the day Isaac's mom heard a voice from above;
"Your son has become corrupted by sin! He needs to be saved!"
"I will do my best to save him, my lord." his mother replied, Rushing into Isaac's room, removing all that was evil from his life. Again, the voice called to her;
"Isaac's soul is still corrupt! He needs to be cut off from all that is evil in this world, and confess his sins!"
"I will follow your instructions Lord, I have faith in thee." Isaac's mother replied, as she locked Isaac in his room, away from the evils of the world. One last time, Isaac's mom heard the voice of God calling to her;
"You've done as I've asked, but I still question your devotion to me. To prove your faith, I will ask one more thing of you."
"Yes lord, anything." Isaac's mother begged.
"To prove your love and devotion, I require a sacrifice. Your son Isaac will be this sacrifice. Go into his room, and end his life as an offering to me to prove you love me above all else."
"Yes lord." she replied, grabbing a butcher's knife from the kitchen. Isaac, watching through a crack in his door, trembled in fear. Scrambling around his room to find a hiding place, he noticed a trap door to the basement, hidden under his rug. Without hesitation, he flung open the hatch, just as his mother burst through his door, and threw himself down, into the unknown depths below.

Isaac found himself in a dark room under his home. He ran through the basement, desperately searching for an exit alternate to the stairs. He took too long.

Isaac was cornered. His mother, fueled with the desire to serve her god, was bearing down on Isaac.
"I will do as I'm told, my lord. I love you above all else." Isaac's mother repeated to herself. This was the end of the line for Isaac, his mother was far too strong for him. But just as he accepted his fate, God intervened, sending an angel down from above to stop his mother's hand.

And just like that, it was over.

"Is that really how I remember her? My own mother?" Blader said to himself as he stared at one particular point on the ceiling of the room, sitting on his bed. He sighed, wishing his father had been there, stopping her mother before she had to be killed. But of course, his father had left when he was young. He had looked to his mother for support, but she just ignored him. He had been alone. Of course, his story continued. He went on in his life, gaining friends and followers. Raindrops batted against the window. The bell was louder than before. He sighed, realizing he could get no sleep that night. He stood up and went off to the tavern. As he thought of what to do, he felt something strange inside of him. It was telling him to do something, almost giving him rhythmic commands. He turned his head and saw the old piano. His heart skipped a beat as his legs began moving on their own. They forced him into the piano bench as his hands rested on the piano. His mind was giving him notes to play. He decided to listen. Voices filled his head, speaking of a land of eternal bliss, pleasure filled his body as he began playing high, slow notes on the piano. It was telling him to play a song. A slow, rhythmic song. He was losing himself slowly, drifting off. He took in a new, sharp, cold voice.
"Drift into the void, Isaac." He stood up abruptly, stopping the song.
"Welcome." Blader backed away slowly, growing weaker by the second. He hit a wall, and slumped. He found himself looking at the ceiling. The sound of a bell was deafening.

Isaac was broken. His body felt nothing. His senses were cut off. He panicked in the shadow of his own mind. He was trapped in his own psyche, unable to do or feel anything. He screamed but had no voice. His mind was drifting on the edge of total insanity. He felt cornered and defenseless, cut off from the world, left in his own thoughts. He felt like something was coming, but floated in the darkness, nothing to be found. He was just about to give up when he saw it. There was a bright light at the end of his vision. It had a crimson red tint. Despite not being able to see himself, he managed to control his consciousness to move towards the light. It was in the darkest depths of his own psyche that he actually fell into place through the light.

Blader took in a gasp of breath as he emerged from a sea of blackness. He took in his surroundings. He was at the bottom of a waterfall that went upwards and downwards. It was snowing but the water he was in was liquid, albeit cold enough to almost strangle the breath from the angel. He saw a shore close to him and swam towards it. When he managed to get himself washed up on the shore, he stood up and took in his own body. he was in his angelic clothes, and thus was soaking wet from head to toe in snow, half naked. He involuntarily shivered as he walked away from the water, trying to find a place he could shelter in. He realized he had his own sword. Elucidator was there, though he was not responding to Blader's words. He found hope in a nearby cave. He looked in to find pitch blackness. He unsheathed Elucidator and the blade illuminated the cave in golden light. He looked upon some stone carvings of a warrior fighting a dragon. He looked all around the cave. He found one particular carving that puzzled him. It seemed to be a closed eye. He shined light onto it and something strange happened. It opened. The next thing Blader knew he was running through the cave as a dragon climbed out after him. He burst through the cave opening and the dragon joined him almost immediately after. He was used to dragons, he'd fought with a few and ridden one, but this one was strange. It could speak. "Fighting a dragon in snow without a shirt must be cold." It reared back as an inferno erupted from it's mouth. "OR NOT!" Blader jumped out of the way, nimbly avoiding the flame. Another breath burst from the beast's mouth and Blader tried to block it with his sword. It almost worked but he broke position at the last second, burning his arm. He was being beaten badly.