Prolouge

Lightning flashes through the forest revealing a large dark tom cat crashing through the brambles, it arrives at a clearing and is faced with another cat. A large golden tabby he crouches and snarls at the newcomer.
"It's over Bane! The clans have won..." He unsheathes his claws and glares at Bane who simply smirks and licks his lips.
"It's not over until I'm dead! He unsheathes his claws and takes a step forward his pelt bristling as a flash of lighting brightens the sky. "It's time you answered for what you did long ago Lionfang!" With a screech he hurls himself at Lionfang. "It's over now brother!"
The two toms tussle on the ground clawing at one another's face. Bane lands a cheeky blow on Lionfang who snarls and leaps to his paws and glares at his brother.
"You very well know that Shadow tried to kill me Bane." His voice softens "We can forget all of this you can come home with me..." He steps forward to Bane who hisses in rage
"I would rather die than come home with you!" He leaps at Lionfang his jaws aiming for his throat. Lionfang yowls in rage and side steps then knocks into Bane and watching him skid into a thorn bush.
"You blew it Bane I gave you a chance and you wrinkled your nose at it like it was mouse bile." He leaps at him pinning him to the ground and glares at him as Bane struggles to get up. "For that... That will cost you dearly, goodbye, my brother" He sobs as he sinks his teeth into Bane's throat and holding on until the body goes limp. He drops Bane and walks away leaving his brother to the foxes.
   A small kit creeps out of the bushes towards the body of Bane.
   "Daddy? Daddy wake up!" She lays on top of her father crying herself to sleep with the roll of thunder booming in the distance.