One

vote !
//unedited
.

1921

"Oh please! Something like this doesn't happen on accident, Arabella." Harry argued his work partner.

     They were both distracted by the hard noises of the rain and wind hitting the windows. It was dark outside, the clouds had swallowed the city that they lived in. The wind howled as thunder and lighting would strike once again. They were standing in a conference room in their office building on the 91st level. The room was dim with only a little light coming through the conference room windows, from the other lawyers' rooms on the same floor. They both looked at the window looking down at the city of Manhattan, New York below.

Arabella still looking out the window, she spoke, "Well Harry," she turned to face him, "What should we do?"

"We have to take this case, it's worth millions." He told her reaching to grab her hands and squeezing them comforting her. "I know the case is a little crazy, but it's okay! We have each other to figure it out." Harry told Arabella with worry but most confidence, talking with low volume.

     Arabella shrugged her shoulders and slightly nodded her head no. Harry looked at he confused. Still grasping her small palms, he directed her towards the huge table in the middle of the room. They both sat near each other.

"I know Arabella, I have to leave my family, too!" Harry said looking into her turquoise eyes. "Its only for a few months, and plus!" he said excitedly, "Wouldn't you want to come home with millions of dollars to spend on your family?"

She nodded her head yes. You could tell she was thinking by the odd expression on her face.

"Okay, let's try it out." Arabella said shyly smiling to Harry. Harry stood up abruptly and kissed Arabella's cheek. Arabella sighed as she watched Mr. Styles walk out of the room. Her facial expression turned to confusion and fear for this case. She left the conference room minutes after Harry. Walking through the office floor, she stopped at Harry's desk.

"May I please see the case papers?" She asked him quietly, moving her brunette hair out from her face.

"Yes, of course darling." Mr. Styles answered back, continuing to type on his typewriter. I looked through his papers on his desk, unable to find the case documents.

"On my left." He said once he saw me struggling to find them.

"Thank you, Mr. Styles." Arabella said gently. She walked over to her desk and sat there looking over the papers and newspaper that it was in.

BREAKING NEWS
WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN WATER OFF THE COAST OF SOUTH FLORIDA.

     The front page of the beaten up newspaper wasn't pleasing to look at. Looking at the title made Arabella sick, especially knowing that Harry knows a lot about it. Arabella took a look at the photos and the other documents about the case. As investigators and lawyers, this case was great but absolutely terrifying. She looked at the blurry, black and white photos of the female body dead. Laying on the sand was her fragile body, in clothing that could have almost looked like a nurse. Not knowing much about the case, she read on. Reading every little detail of the documents.

"Arabella, love, look at this!" Harry said walking into my office with a paper in his hand.

WOMAN FOUND DEAD IN SOUTH FLORIDA IDENTIFIED.

"Well, Harry, read on!" Arabella said as she was now intrigued on this article.

"It says that the female was 37 years old and her name is Gloria Dutch." Harry spoke continuing to read. "Also says here that she was found in the dead waters by an insane asylum." Mr. Styles says looking up from the article to look at Arabella.

"Well fun." She said rolling her eyes sarcastically.

"I'm sure it will be fine." Harry says walking up to me, rubbing my shoulder.

"We need to catch a train by tomorrow to get to Florida." Harry said sadly. "Well, say your farewells to your family tonight."

"Alright, Harry." Arabella spoke back. "I'll meet you back at the office at 30 past 9 in the morning tomorrow."

     Harry nodded his head and walked out of the door, closing it softly. I heard the door open fast with a worried Harry in my doorframe.

"You sure you want to take this case?" He asked me looking around my office.

"Positive." Arabella said.

     Harry nodded once again and walked out for sure. Arabella took a glance at her wall clock and saw it was time to leave work. She grabbed her stuff and walked out. Leaving all the documents on her desk for tomorrow. As she was walking out, she turned around and looked at her office room.

"Wish me luck." She spoke.

.

hey dudes! okay obedience school was deleted by wattpad for "mature content" which is very annoying but i did still want to thank you guys for 1 million views on obedience school. i've decided to start this book now so i'm writing something.

hope this chapter was okay.

with love
lollie.

-- vote, comment, & add to library --