; un

stereos blasting obnoxiously loud music, random strangers in imbecilic costumes bumping into him arbitrarily, the putrid smell of those strong drinks that he would never try again, harry always has found it impossible to conceptualize why people like clubs. he is more than content sipping fruity alcoholic beverages from the comfort and quiet of his own abode. unfortunately, he does care about his club-loving friends and had agreed to come with them. he's not one to go back on promises, so he grits his teeth and glares at the girl, a devil for god's sake, who knocks into him as she attempts to seduce someone dressed as an angel. poetic, really.

as the minutes pass, harry finds himself becoming easily irritated at every little thing that occurs. rolls his eyes at the bartender who accidentally gives him the wrong drink, nearly snaps at someone who steps on his incredibly expensive boots. after scoffing when the boy dressed as a robot tries to apologize, harry decides to sneak out. his friends don't notice as it turns out. they are probably too busy sucking the faces off of people dressed in equally corny consumes.

the night is black, glittering stars and full moon accessorizing the deep coloured sheet with sparkles of hopeful light. the world around him is cloaked with the dark, hiding all the creatures of the night from ordinary humans' wondering eyes. a cool wind shakes the leaves from the trees and sends shivers down the spines of anyone in proximity to its cold touch.

wrapping his arms around his torso, harry shields himself from the cold. it's fairly futile. the wind blows right through his short costume. why did he even agree to wear a stupid costume? it's far too cold for this much of his body to be exposed to the brutal whooshing of the wind. his feet ache from the shoes as well, but they work perfectly with his costume and if he's going to dress up, he might as well make it work. besides, the light click of the heels on his short booties is calming, but something is different.

footsteps follow him, step following step, pace following click. ordinarily, harry would ignore it, passing it off as an irrelevant stranger walking home, but his halloween costume isn't exactly the epitome of modesty. almost the entire length of his leg is exposed, right up to to his barely covered arse. even his upper body is scarcely covered, neckline of the top dipping dangerously low and the straps that mimic sleeves hanging limply from his shoulders.

fearing what had always seemed implausible but now feels completely feasible, harry quickens his pace. the second pair of footsteps don't rush to meet his pace, but instead multiply, coming from both his left and right. it's a terrifying moment but even more terrifying when the footsteps coming from behind cease and suddenly there is a pair of feet standing in front of him. harry doesn't dare look up until the man speaks, taking in the lack of other people in his close surroundings. either the others have left, the extra footsteps were a trick of his mind, or they have decided to let the man in front of him take the lead.

hello there, beautiful,❞ the man purrs.

from the way the faceless man speaks, harry guesses that it's the latter. his voice is full of dominance and self confidence that makes harry unable to look at the ground any longer. what he sees when he looks up takes him aback. the man is wearing an all black suit, blending into his surroundings perfectly except for his assertive personality. his hair is up in a quiff that falls to the side and makes harry want to run his hands through it as he sits on the man's lap. eyes connecting with the stranger's eyes, harry notices that they are a shining blue, reflecting the moonlight so that it appears as though they are sparkling. continuing his examination, harry sees that hot, mystery man has a scruff of a beard which only adds to his attractiveness. then, looking at the the half smirk, half smile the man is wearing on his face, harry catches it. two sharp fangs taking the place of normal sized canines.