Chapter 5 NEW FRIEND

"This is the day you've been waiting for, Nellie!" Blake enthusiastically said while walking in the school's hallway with Nellie.

"What time are we going to meet him?" she asked.

"I think he said was...3 o'clock," Nellie snatched Blake's hand and looked on his watch.

Nellie panicked and she started walking as fast as she could but she suddenly stopped. "Wait, where are we supposed to see him?"

"Is it near his locker? Do you know where his locker is?"

"I...I...don't have any idea," she said shyly.

"Impossible! You're stalking him, right?" Blake accused her.

"Alright. I think it's near the laboratory," she answered him. "Let's hurry," she jogged.

"Don't be so obvious, Nellie," he shook his head in amazement.

After few minutes of walking in a fast pace (plus jogging ).

"I think it's here," Nellie is so excited to see Michael but she stopped when she saw a crowd of people. "What's happening?" she muttered loudly to herself.

Nellie looked at Blake but he just answered her with a shrug.

They cut in with the crowd to check what the commotion is and when Nellie and Blake is already at the front, they saw Michael being bullied by a group of varsity players.

"Get on with it man!" the tallest guy said.

"You refused to do my project so I failed my math class," he shoved Michael to his own locker.

One of the guys is holding a cup of slushie (a refreshment that looks like the slurpie of 7 eleven) and he was going to throw it to Michael's face.

He counts..."one...two...three..." Michael closed his eyes, ready to get slushied.

What happened? Michael asked himself because he is not feeling any sticky cold slushie on his body. He opened his eyes and What? Nellie? What are you doing?

"Hey! Hey! Hey! What's happening there?" Mr. Murphy is coming and all the students who were in the crowd are gone.

Because of reflex, the three joined the crowd in running away and they got into a fountain that is near the P.E. area. They are gasping for air and Nellie's body is shaking.

"Are you alright?" Michael asked with a concerned look. "Do you have any extra clothes?"

Nellie just shook her head.

"All right. I'm going to get you, clothes. Is it okay for you to wear something not fashionable?" he asked her.

"I'm fine with any clothes. It is really cold," her body is shaking more and more.

Michael run to his locker and get one of his clothes and in a few seconds, he's back.

"Where are you going to change?" Blake asked.

Nellie didn't answer him instead she stand and walk to the direction where the girl's wash room is.

She opened the door and the two boys were stunned because the clothes really look good on her.

"Wow, I've never imagined someone would look perfectly with those clothes." Nellie blushed on Michael's compliment.

There was a moment of awkwardness but Blake broke it and said "Nellie, let's go outside and wash your hair."

They go back to the fountain area where there is obviously...water.

"I'm going to help you wash your hair, Nellie. This would be my way of showing gratitude on what you did a while ago. Thank you," he started to massage Nellie's head with a damp towel.

"Ahhmm... I'm going to buy some drinks," Blake said and left wearing a sad face.

"Why did you do that, Nellie?" Michael said.

"Adrenaline???" Nellie answered him with another question.

Michael giggled but he suddenly shifts to a serious face. "Seriously, why?"

"I don't know." Nellie is so hesitant to answer but she had an idea. "Maybe, I don't want to see people being bullied 'coz I'm a victim too and I pity myself for that."

"Oh, Nellie," Michael sit beside her and hugged her. "Thank you so much."

'cough'(that was Blake). The two broke the hug.

"What's that?" Nellie asked Blake peeking on the plastic he's carrying.

"Milkshake," Blake answered.

"My favorite!" she snatched the plastic. "You forgot that I'm lactose intolerant, huh? You bought too much."

"Nope. The other one is for Michael, remember?" Blake looked at Michael.

"Sorry," she handed the other cup to Michael.

"So...Michael, what are our plans? Are you going to tutor us today?" Blake asked him.

"Maybe, tomorrow. Is it alright?" Michael asked them.

"Yes?" Nellie is unsure on what she's going to say.

"Cool," Michael is really happy now. "I'm going to wait for you guys on the library. I'm so excited; I would be able to study with my friends for the first time."

"Yeah...Friends" Blake and Nellie said with a smile.