Chapter 3

A/N

I feel the need to address this before the chapter starts, I know I haven't been writing. I've recently had a tough time dealing with everything going on inside my brain.

But this time I'm back. I'm going to pour everything out into my writing. 

I feel the need to apologize. So I'm sorry I keep abandoning this. But I've had a lot of sh't going on recently. I hope you can all still stick with me though <3
Here goes nothing...

Dakota's POV
---------------------------------

We hadn't realized that we'd slept in until I woke up to see my clock say 10:00 AM

"BAYLIN! Wake up!" I scream at her as she falls out of the bed.

"DAKOTA MARIE VAN- ALLEN WHAT THE HELL?!" She screams at me as I giggle and mutter a sorry through my laughter.

"It's past ten lazy ass." I say as she's trying to stand up.

"Crap. We need to get dressed." She declared while walking to my wardrobe.

"So I presume we'll leave around eleven for the mall?" I say with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, but I'm starving so please, I beg you Kota, go make your special scrambled eggs." She says with puppy-dog eyes and eyelashes batting up at me.

"You're so pitiful when you want food." I say walking out of my bedroom and jokingly shaking my head as I walk into the kitchen.

------
Twenty minutes later I'm finished with the eggs and Baylin walks downstairs donning a pair of my jean overalls, cuffed at the bottom, underneath a simple white V-neck, and her usual black Converse.

"Since when do you look better in my clothing than I do?" I say while giving a small laugh and cracking a smile.

"Oh shut up. I'm too short for these overalls I had to cuff them like five times." She says with an annoyed face.

I look down at her, realizing that her stature hasn't changed since the 7th grade. She's still 5'2. Hence why I nicknamed her 'Munchkin' as I'm 5'10.

"They still look good, Munchkin." I grin at her.

"You bully." She laughs slapping my arm.

"You know it." I reply. "I'm going to go get dressed." I say, getting her nod of approval.

I run upstairs and slap on some ripped white jeans, a black tank top and a blue flannel over it. I walk back downstairs as Baylin is still eating, my mom is at work at the moment so we had the house to ourselves.

We finish eating and get prepared to leave for the mall.

As we're in the parking lot to the mall, Baylin stops me from getting out of the car and says "Guess what."

"What?" I reply.

"You know how you keep complaining about how hard the blue is to manage in your hair and you want to get it dyed a natural color?..." she blurts out in a fast manor.

"Yeah..." I trail the end of my sentence.

"I'm treating you to the hat salon, call it an early Christmas gift." She says and giggles. "I'm going to get mine dyed back to my natural brown." She adds.