You'd Better Believe It

Kyosuke believed meetings to be the most boring thing in the world. There were so many better ways you could do a meeting. Personally, Kyosuke, while holding today’s matter at the utmost importance, couldn’t begin to fathom why this damn meeting had to be dragged by it’s feet in such a tedious and time consuming fashion.

Shinoda, Kyosuke loved the guy, but he was going ON and on, and he was tempted to ask if he had ever been in a broadway musical because THERE WAS NO WAY THAT SHINODA COULD GO ON THIS LONG WITHOUT A BREATH WITHOUT PRACTICE. Or at the very least, a glass of water- SOMETHING.

Kyosuke groaned. There were movies in theaters that were shorter than this, and Shinoda was telling them something that could’ve easily been summarized, and thrown onto, like, five pages. He got the whole ‘interaction’ thing, but this was ludicrous. Never before had an away mission speech gone on for such a long time. Kyosuke was about to get up and leave, just to see if Shinoda, who was still rambling, would even notice, when Netsuki shot him a glare as if to say, ‘I know that you of all people might have a hard time sitting still, and I can see you getting impatient, but for the love of god, every life on the planet depends on this.’

Natsuki had more than a 6th sense, this guy had… I dunno, like, 12. Maybe he was psychic, Kyosuke would never know.

He slouched back down in defeat, and decided to tune back in the conversation, just to see how close they were to finishing this. Shinoda was explaining some last detail, and Kyouse tore away from his speech, ready to die of boredom, and decided that he would only stick out the wrapping summary the director always gave at the end of the meeting to recap.

Kyosuke still had a lot of questions… mostly about why Shinoda couldn’t just say the recap from the start and have everybody ask questions and leave after 20 minutes, rather than forcing them to stay for 95.

Instead, he let his eyes wander about the table.

Surrounding the black edges of the tabletop were the selected agents to pertake on the mission.

Jin looked mildly uncomfortable, and he looked very intent on something in the distance that nobody else could see, and Kyosuke could only assume he was praying in everybody’s social life in the future for entertainment…

Or blackmail fuel, it was a very thin line when Jin was involved.

Tachikawa looked about as ready to burst as Kyosuke was. He was shifting, and eyeing a weary Kazama from across the table with a look that screamed ‘This is my worst nightmare, and It’ll be yours too, if you refuse to fight me after this.’

Kikuchihara sat beside Kazama, looking grumpy, so Kyosuke came to the conclusion that Kikuchihara was having a regular day, and was either zoning out, or listening to Shinoda’s heartbeat to tell if he was nervous.

“People lie more than they realise… even if it’s a current, new fact that we all belive to be true, they know they’re lying somewhere deep down.” He’d say. “I listen to them so I can tell what’s going to go wrong.

Midorikawa looked as if he couldn’t care less. Yuma, however, was very intrigued with whatever they were saying.

Kodrea and Usami were the only ones asking any questions… and that was to be expected, really. Those two loved adventure… and lectures. He didn’t think he would ever understand.

Miwa and Yosuke also sat together. And though nobody could tell, under the table their hands were clasped together, gripping tight, hearing that it was all going to work out.

Kyosuke then looked at Konami, who was also selected to go. This table was the people who were allowed to participate. Less than normal, because the triggers they had made required a ton of support technology that required a lot of space. And, they didn’t want everybody gone, with Jin predicting more irregular gates in the upcoming future, and they wanted agents here for that.