Clear Fog

Everybody had just about stumbled up the entrance ramp of the ship. Kuga effortlessly slashed away at some Marmods that tried to follow him, and they closed the doors.

The sound of the neighbors striking the legs of the ship wasn't promising, and the whole structure was shaking in a nerve wracking tremble. The enemies on the ground, accompanied by those on the roof put everybody on edge.

They all collapsed in the living room, Midorikawa was already carrying out the first aid kits from all of the rooms in wait for them, bleeding shoulder still untreated.

Yosuke flopped down in a chair with a heavy sigh, chest heaving, bleeding badly, all contributing to the lead that filled his eyelids, and the throbbing in his head. He felt weak, and could barely move, despite the brave face he was putting on, he knew he'd gotten to reckless.

Miwa knelt before him, snatching a kit off a nearby desk and popping it open. It had a generous heaping of medical supplies, and Miwa was thankful that the Border staff had done some packing in case of emergency like this. However, Miwa was sure they hadn't been expecting or prepared for anything on this scale.

Yosuke closed his eyes, and his posture slackened, hunching over as he felt Miwa's fingers lightly rolling up a pant leg to uncover a wound. It stung, oh, his cuts and bruises hurt like hell, but he didn't want to worry him, so he held his tongue.

Although, Miwa was already worried past the point of no return.

"Yosuke!" He snapped after a moment.

"What?"

Miwa bit his lip, finding a small tube of alcohol and a cotton ball.

"Don't... close your eyes." He grumbled quieter, realising how over dramatic it sounded as he said it.

"Shuji, calm down... I'm not gonna die..." Yosuke said, smiling in a vain attempt to reassure him. Even though Yosuke knew Miwa thought it was more mild then it was.

"You're bleeding a lot, I know it's irrational, but it scares me."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." He conceded. If anybody was scared of losing a loved one, i'd be Miwa.

"It's okay, I just, I don't even want to think those things."

Yosuke nodded, Miwa was going to get his way no matter what he did. Miwa poured some of the rubbing alcohol out into the cotton, and looked up at him.

"Hey, this is probably going to sting pretty badly, but I don't want to take any chances, and it's really our only option... we don't know what those claws had on them." Miwa told him, his fingers lightly tracing up and down his bare leg. "We need to be careful... please, try to be tough, this is hard enough as is... it'll be over quick."

Yosuke nodded. He bit his lip. He knew what Miwa had really meant was 'Don't cry, or make this worse, because I'm already worried sick about you.'

Miwa slowly pressed it into a small scrape on his shin.

"Damn it!" It slid out before he could contain it, and Miwa flinched, driving the chemical further in. He knew that he had almost died, but he had to do this 14 more times?

Now, if you've never pressed alcohol into an open wound before, you wouldn't know, but it is agony. Yosuke knew what was coming, and still yelped in pain, The frosty burn that shoots through you like a bullet, scorching pain, like a cool inferno. It aches, and stings, and throbs all at one, killing the cells it touches.

"I'm sorry!" Miwa called out to him, and retracted the cotton. "I think that's enough." And very quickly began unraveling a roll of bandages. "Fuck, sorry to be a wimp." Yosuke said, shaking his head. "I'm okay... I promise, It'll all be okay."