chapter five

// Jupiter Fey

"You okay?" My mother asked me as I sat quietly at the kitchen bench, ready for school, "Yeah, I-I need to go school early, gotta talk to the office about something," I mumbled, collecting my phone and scurrying out the door. I walked rather fast to school, Scott was here early also, I joined him, "What're you doing here so early?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same thing," He replied, I shook my head, "I was going to ask the office about Isaac's disappearance, maybe they know something." He agreed and followed behind me, I walked into the office and waited patiently against the desk.

"How may I help you?" The receptionist asked, "Hi, I'm a student here and I was wondering if you knew anything about Isaac Lahey's recent disappearance?" I replied politely.

"Isaac Lahey? He was selected to go study abroad, he's in France right now," The lady replied, my jaw hit the floor, "W-what?"

"He's studying in France for the next semester," She continued, "Who are you in relation to him?" She asked, her expression confused. "I'm his girlfriend," I replied quietly.

"He didn't tell you?" She inquired, I shook my head, "How the fuck could he do that!" I exclaimed to myself, throwing my fists onto the desk.

"Excuse me Miss, please do not use that language," She said sternly, I rolled my eyes, I was not happy. "Uh, thank you, we'll be going now," Scott stuttered as he pulled me out the office.

"How dare he not tell me!" I shouted, "He's left for six fucking months, Scott - SIX MONTHS!" He hushed me, pulling me into his chest, I didn't notice the tears streaming down my face, "Stay here, okay? I'll go see if they have a contact number for him in France," Scott said calmly, I nodded and slid down the wall, holding my head in my hands.

"What's wrong?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask from above me, I looked up and noticed it was one of the twins from yesterday. "It's none of your business," I replied, not wanting to talk to him, he looked like a troublemaker.

"C'mon sweetheart, what did I ever do to deserve that?" He continued, I picked myself up from on the ground, "How about your turn your pretty little ass around, and leave me the fuck alone, how does that sound?" I asked, ready to hit the guy, I noticed Scott walk out the room, he let out a low growl. The twin's eyes shined red before huffing and leaving me alone, I turned to face Scott and saw his eyes were yellow.

"Also, there's a new Alpha pack in town, those twins are apart of it, c'mon we're going to Derek's loft," Scott spoke, making me follow him out the school.

"And how are we going to get there?" I asked, rolling my eyes, "I have a motorbike, duh," Scott said as he passed me his helmet, "What about you, don't you need a helmet?" I asked a second question.

"I'm a werewolf, I'll heal if we crash - which we won't," He chuckled, I sighed and pulled on the helmet, he gestured to hop on the bike behind him, I climbed onto the bike and awkwardly wrapped my arms around his waist, "This feels so wrong," He mumbled, "Scott, I need to hold on, I'm sure Isaac won't kill you for this - mostly because if he were to come find me I'd kill him first, werewolf or not," I spoke, flicking down the visor on the helmet, he nodded and kickstarted the bike before leaving the parking lot.

About twenty minutes later we had arrived at what looked to be an abandoned apartment complex, I climbed off the bike and steadied myself, handing the helmet back to Scott - I looked up at the complex.

"C'mon," Scott gestured and I followed a few steps behind him, "Did you end up getting a contact number?"

"They had nothing, sorry Jupiter," Scott spoke softly, stopped when we reached a giant metal, he pulled the door open before calling out to Derek.