Chapter 3: It Hurts to Think

Beads of sweat formed on my brow as the tears traveled down my cheeks. My breath became quick and heavy, and I felt like I would pass out at any moment. Stop it, this can't be good for you.

What had just happened? Why did it happen? My mind was pounding with a million questions and thoughts.

I waited until my breathing had calmed down before getting out of bed. I really needed to relax and get some fresh air. After slipping on a t-shirt and some jeans, I trudged downstairs and into the kitchen.

My heart skipped a beat at the sight of it, but I convinced myself to relax. Nothing would hurt me here. Making my way towards my apartment door, I took one last look at the clock before heading out. 11:06 AM. I sighed, locking the door and leaving behind the crushing air in my apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Denny's sign came into view, and I smiled. This would definitely make me feel better. I grabbed my purse and stepped out into the sun. It felt so much better in the outside world than inside of my stuffy apartment.

As soon as I opened the door, I was hit with the pleasant aroma of pancakes and hot coffee. I immediately forgot all devastating thoughts from earlier. Luckily, there was no line, so I was able to quickly get my and seat myself at one of the booths.

I took a small sip of the water I'd been given, quickly setting it . The haunting thoughts were already beginning to drift back.

"I'M NOT YOUR FATHER!"

"GET OUT OR I'LL KILL YOU!"

Tears began to well up in my eyes. I quickly wiped them away so no one would notice. What the hell is going on with me? My breathing began to get heavy again.

"I DON'T KNOW YOU!"

"Excuse me, miss?"

I almost didn't notice the waitress standing next to my booth; she had a worried and frightened look on her face. "Are you alright? Do you need a paper bag?" she asked. I shook my head as the blood rushed to my cheeks. "I'm alright, thank you." I put on the most convincing smile I could.

She looked unconvinced, but she just nodded her head and moved on to take my order.

I let out a puff of air; this dream was going to be difficult to forget about.

On my way out, a hand grabbed my shoulder. I tensed up and my breathing became fast paced again, but I willed myself to control it. Turning around slowly, I let out a relieved sigh when I saw it was just a young man. He had dark brown hair that was slightly curly, and he wore spectacles that gave him an intelligent sort-of look.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but ask. Are you sure you're alright? The whole shop saw you hyperventilating over there." His voice was much deeper than I was expecting, but it had a friendly tone to it. "Yes, I'm okay. Thank you though." I smiled. He returned the smile, but his eyes showed he was just as unconvinced as the worker. "Alright, but be careful." I smiled weakly and turned back to the door.

I sauntered out of the shop and returned home, unable to shake the dream out of my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so we finally see Cry! When will he show up again? That's....something I'm working on. Lol. But yeah, next chapter should be done today. I'm on a roll today! ^_^