Chapter 31 - The Swan and The Pirate

~ Last chapter of this book! Pls comment your thoughts throughout and I'm sorry in advance! Enjoy!~

: Writer's POV :

A sleeping Swan lay calmly on the sofa, resting on her Pirate's chest. A ticking clock infront of them both read 9:30pm, Friday.

Dreams of newborns and happiness floated through Emma's mind. No horrific impulses of violence nor terror afoot. It was just so peaceful.

You might have a sweet image in your head right now; a married couple, who are expecting a baby, are both sound asleep beside eachother. Unfortunately your wrong. Emma may be asleep, but her love is not.

Killian sat stiffly, staring out of the window, watching the waves crash against the beach. He was wondering what he was going to do when the time came. When the clock struck 10. He knew he had to go, he had to leave her. He had to end this so that she could have their child in peace; no nightmares involved.

Killian did know for sure he was going to meet Liam, but what he did not know was what was going to happen. Liam may become angered that Emma did not do as she was told and decide to kill her instead. Therefore ending the life of not one, but two people Killian loved so very much. Or he could kill Killian himself. Leaving a child fatherless and a wife a widow.

Thoughts like this raced through Killian's mind, never ending. He finally looked away from the sea and turned to the clock; it said 9:50pm.

Realisation hit him like a brick to the face. I might die. This might be the last time I see her. I might never meet my child. But he was willing to do what was necessary for his wife's, and his child's, safety. Even if it took his life.

Carefully, he slipped out of Emma's grasp, leaving her to lay alone on the sofa. Alone.

His bright blue eyes shone in the moonlight as he bent down and pressed his lips to her forehead.

"I'm sorry, Swan. I have to do this. If I don't come back, just please know I love you and our child." He whispers to her, his heart shatters slightly. Quietly, he tiptoes out of the room and to the front door.

Before he can open it, however, a thought forms in his mind. I didn't write her a note. She's going to wake up and find me most probably dead at Granny's Diner. And there goes the rest of his hope for returning.

The door creaks open and he slips through, keeping his eyes locked infront of him; not once looking back in fear of crumbling.

***

He arrives at the diner seconds before the clock tower chimes ten. Peering through the window, Killian could see his half-brother staring out the window to the sea. The same sea he had been looking to for hope not long ago.

Liam sat in one of the booths. The same booth that Emma and Killian would always sit in. Fond memories flew through Killian's mind, he took a breath in and reached for the door.

His hand clasps around the cold metal, sending a shiver up his spine. Killian opens the door, a visible grin appears on Liam's face.

"Emma. I knew you'd come. Now, did you bring the Pirate?" He still faced the window so he did not currently know the real visitor.

"I'm afraid she was busy. Carrying a baby is quite tiring, don't you think?" Killian tried to keep himself from lunging at Liam straight away. Even if he had come here knowing he might die, that did not mean he wouldn't put up a fight.

Liam spins his head around so fast it might of even come off. The blue in his eyes seem to be suddenly engulfed in flames of terror, anger and hatred.