Chapter 6

We don't run into Luce again for another week. But, according to Jafaris she was still making life miserable.

"She hasn't talked to me," Says Jafaris, over a cup of coffee, " And not talking to me scares me more then anything. She usually is making sly comments and trying to undermine me. It's so different it's scary."

Jen smiles up from across the table. "She's trying to scare you." I'd almost forgotten Jen was here. I look at her and her eyes get really big and she faints.

After three days of sleeping, Jen still is asleep. Throughout the whole three days i've been beside Jen. I moved her too her bed after fainting ands the doctor, doctor Zack, said she most likely fainted from some sort of shock but, she hadn't been eating very well so, she may have fainted from hunger.

Liam walks into the room. He has a bowl of soup in his hand. When he sees me looking at him he smiles. "Is she doing any better?" He asks. "No," I sigh. She's still the same, quite, dead looking and pale.

He sits down on Kitty's old bed and I get up from where I was sitting on the floor and join him. "You know," Her says, "I miss watching you sleep."

"Creep."

"Well, I really do. You were so funny. Sometimes, without even noticing you'd shift to a sitting position and sleep like that." I shoot up my eyebrows, "Really?" I ask. "I always remember waking up on my back."

"You always did," He says. "You'd start to creep me out so I moved you to your back every night."

My face going red and I duck my head in embarrassment. He just laughs. I start to laugh too.

I sleep on Kitty's old bed and when I wake, like always, Liam is there. "You are such a weirdo." I mumble, still half asleep. I straighten out my arms and yawn. Liam starts to laugh, "I didn't know your mouth could get that big."

"Excuse me?" I ask. "What? Just telling the truth." Well, Hardy ha ha.

"Oh my god!" Yells Jen, sitting up. She starts to cry. "She's alive!" Jen cries. "What?" I ask. "Kitty," Jen explains, "Kitty's alive."

Liam and I exchange confused glances. "I felt it." Jen says. Liam slowly starts to smile and so do I. "Do you know where she is?" I ask.

"Why haven't you felt anything up till now?" Wonderers Liam.

"I saw lab coats. whit lab coats and a blond girl. The girl was in a lab coat and she was saying something like, 'Don't worry, it'll be all right. I'll get us out of here'." Jen tells us. "Was the blonde girl Luce?" I ask. "No, not Luce. She was shorter and more natural, less make up. I think there was somebody trying to question Kitty. About us. Man I think."

Thats when the doors swing open and a blonde Vince carries in a fainted girl. "Good to see you, Jen. No time to explain. We have a problem."

"Whats wrong?" I ask, getting up so that Vince can lay the girl on Kitty's bed. "We found her like this. Outside a broken cassel. She's sun burned..."

The girl has pale skin with a few sun burns that stand out. She has long black hair and small light lips. Her eyes slowly flutter open. She has beautiful full green eyes, like emeralds.

She rubs her brow and grunts. "Hmm..?" She asks. "It's okay." I say. I try to remember what I would have wanted to hear when coming out of my cassel. "I know it's wried but, we're not going to hurt you. We'll explain everything."

"Where am I?" She asks. "And who are you?" I smile. I was like a firecracker when I can out of my cassel, she's like a lamb. "I'm Clove or Clover. You can pick a name if you don't already have one."

"A name?" She asks. "Yeah," I say with a small laugh, "A name."

"How about....Tema?" She asks. Liam starts to crack up. "Tema?" He says, "This girl has a lot more sense then you did." He tells me. "Tema's better then Clove." I roll my eyes at him.

Tema ends up using Kitty's old bed, for now. But, that night before I go to bed and when Liam's not in my room yet Tima comes to visit. "Where am I?" She asks.

I smile, "The Found building." I say. She smiles, "Just explain everything to em so I can go to sleep. I'm gonna have trouble sleeping without answers."

"I have question for you first," I say. "How can you walk?" Her eyes get wide, "I don't know." She says quietly . "I just know how. Can you please just tell me everything."

"There are three buildings..." I start. And then I tell her everything.

In the morning Liam is sitting by my bed. "How much help do you think Tema is going to need help fitting in?" He asks. "Why?"

"Well, because I think I'm gonna need to borrow you for a day." He tells me. "Okay," I say. "I think we shouldn't take her."

"What?" He asks. " I don't think we should make her part of our group. I think she needs to choose her own friends. As scared  as she is, I think Tema's more independent." Liam nods his head, "Okay."
He brings me down the hall to Sky's room. When he opens the door, I notice that Sky isn't there. And that's there's a map taking up her whole wall.
"What is this?" I ask Liam. "A map of everything. The cassels, the buildings, everything."
The map has nine circles, each one inside the other. In the middle of the circles is a square and on each circles is a rectangle with tubes connecting the rectangles to each other.
A imperfect square borders the circles. To the north of the square are mountains and the east and south of the square is a section called, RockyDesert. The square is called desert.
   To the west of the square is a forest and in the forest are three rectangles are the words, Descendants, Wanderers and Found.
  Liam sighs, "We don't like people thinking that the Found are useless, so we made this, this map, that we.. That we... I don't really know why we made this."
I smile. "So," I ask, "Is this what you do when you go
outside?" He laughs, "If not for this map, I would have never found you. I was making when I saw a broken cassel, I came over and there you were." I laugh.
When dinner comes around, to my surprise, Jafaris is sitting at our table. "Hey," I say. "What are you doing here?" That's when I realize that he isn't smiling. I run over to him.
       "Is everything okay?" I ask. He hands me a folded piece of paper. I unfold the paper and on it is a message.

    Tell Liam I'm sorry. And tell Jenny I know where her Kitten is, I wanted to tell her, that's why                            they took me. Tell the Clover that the answer to her question lies in the middle.

                                                                                                 Goodbye,
Lucy R. Grace
           Everyone looks at me. I just stare  forward.