Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Confrontation

I was 100% unsure of what would happen with Mason and Danny. Mason doesn't know him like I do. Danny has a very short temper and a lot of friends that would help him gang up on Mason. I just hoped for the best and tried not to think much about it.

I tried calling Mason. He picked up, but he didn't say much. We hung up and I tried again later. The second time, he forgot to hang up.

"What are you doing here again, rich boy?" I heard Danny say.

"You kicked my girlfriend in the ribs." Mason was pissed and I knew it better than anyone.

"Newsflash: She's not your girl, little rich kid. She's mine. I own her and there's nothing you can do about it. So go home, cry a little bit, and get over it."

"She's my girl. Not yours."

"Well, your girlfriend cheated on you... with me. So, sorry. She's mine."

"You don't know who you're messing with."

"I'm pretty sure I do. You're a little rich boy who's had every little thing handed to him. I got news for ya; Bayli is my property. I own her. If you don't wanna just surrender her, well, I'll have to handle you."

"What do you mean handle me?" This is exactly why I told him not to go there.

And then my phone died. What happened next was a mystery.