part one

So, you're probably wondering what this story is going to be about. Well, it's going to be about a boy and girl who believe they fall in love. But they don't. They can't even comprehend what the meaning of love is because they are just kids. Ignorant juveniles is all they are. How are these two teenagers supposed to be in love, if they don't even really love  themselves?  I should stop rambling on about meaningless content. Well, it's not meaningless, of course, it's just not important as of now, because you'll learn this information later on when the story actually begins. 

---------

I walked down the crowded hallway of my 1,500 student high school, getting bumped and thrown around as I attempted to get to my last class of my junior year. World History was probably my only escape from the real world. You know those things that you love so much because when you go there, or read it, or watch it, you feel as though you're taken to a whole different dimension that no one else can see or feel? That's what World History is for me. It's that one place that I can put myself into a different world, a different life and forget about the one I have here. 

Yeah, that sounds pretty messed up. I swear I'm not suicidal or depressed or anything, I just don't agree with what my generation has to offer. Half of the kids my age are just lazy, confrontation-loving teens that don't even know basic math. While the other half, which would include me, are people who aren't accepted by society's standards of beauty or likability because we're total outcasts because what we like or do in our private lives. That's the truth. Even the kids that aren't in the half I'm in would have to agree.  

I finally reached the door of the small classroom filled with  only 15 people including the teacher, Mr. Laangdon, and I. I'm not lying when I say that, because of how small this class is I could tell you one thing about every person in this room. Girls that starve themselves to get a partner who would probably never love them anyway, guys -and girls- that use those same girls that starve themselves, the kids that are a bit obsessed with Starwars and such ( which again would include me ), and then Luke. Luke's different. He transferred into the class half way through the year, so he'll have to take a semester of it next year to get full credit, which sucks for him because he hates the class with a passion. 

He's the only person in this class that actually talks to me because he wants to. I mean, I never asked for him to talk to me, let alone about his personal life. He's told me everything. Things I would imagine only siblings would talk about. And what's weird is that he has two brothers, I found this out one day while we were watching a film about the Roman Empire and he decided he didn't want to get into trouble so he began to pass me notes. But, anyway,  the point is he didn't consult his brothers or any of his friends to waste their time complaining, or about any other matter. He started conversation with me. 

" Ah, Daisy, how are you? Having a good last day of school? " Mr. Laangdon asked me as I sat down in my assigned seat right in front of the old chalk board that has probably been in the school for ages. He smiled as he set up the projector to show us another film as it was the last day of school and there was no need for any homework or notes. " Daisy? "

" Yes Mr. Laangdon? " I questioned, doodling on my desk with a pencil I found on the floor at the beginning of the day. It had purple hearts all over it with ' Lucy ' written in Sharpie on the side. Poor Lucy, I have her pencil. 

" You don't have to sit in the same spot today. You can pick a seat next to your friends. And the good thing about being early is tha- " He began. 

" I'm simply just punctual Mr. Laangdon. " I interrupted as I fixed my dark brown hair into a pony tail to get the annoying hairs out of my face. 

" The good thing about being punctual  is that you get first pick at every and any seat in the room. " He cracked a smirk before going back to his work and left me in silence as he departed into his own little world of wires and history videos.  I nodded slightly and looked down at my phone, deciding I was just going to stay where I was. There was exactly two minutes until the class started, and I was getting more and more anxious as the seconds went by. 

Why am I so nervous? 

I quickly turned my phone off and put it in my backpack while the first couple of students entered the room sleepily. A few nerdy guys, a couple lonesome girls, and then he walked in.  And to no one's surprise, sat right next to me. A small smile appeared on his face, the corner of his perfect lips -

Okay, I need to stop. I can't like him. There's no way in hell he likes me like that.

" Hey pal. " He gave me a faint wave of his hand, not even letting his arm lift off of the ancient desk in which he sat. 

" Pal? " I let out a quiet laugh, moving pieces of hair away from my eyes and behind my ears. " I think we've been - you've been talking to me long enough that you should at least greet me by my name. I mean, we might not be friends, but we definitely know more about each other than a couple would know about each other. " He looked confused, running his hands through his blond hair, now looking down without saying anything more. " I'm joking.. I don't mind. " 

He smiled again and replied with - " Good, wouldn't want to get my date angry before we even begin the night. " 

" W-what? I don't- " I began, but Mr. Laangdon interrupted me once again, cutting off my sentence. What did he mean? I'm not his date for anything, I'm almost 100% positive he's risking his social status by talking to me, so to be seen with me as his date is social suicide.