part four

I knew that I would just be wearing my black Vans and just bringing my small travel backpack as a purse sort of thing, so I just had two hours of me time. I figured I would charge my phone and take a short nap on my bed for a little bit to soak in the freedom of no parents or school to hold me back. 

I walked into my room, plugged my phone in on my desk, and hopped on my bed-- falling into a sleep in seconds. I guess I had been more tired than I thought I was. 

----- one hour and approx. fifty minutes later -----

I woke up to banging on my window and my phone ringing endlessly. I sleepily looked to my left where my window was and saw Luke angrily rattling the window glass with his fists. I initially freaked out before fully waking up a few seconds later and realizing that it was okay to open the window to talk to him.

 I sat on my knees and crawled over to the window and opened it carefully. Earlier that year I tried  to sneak out and failed miserably because my window pane was not sturdy enough to carry me and it broke. " Hey, what time is it? " I asked, he kind of just rolled is eyes subtly before replying. 

" It's nine. " He peeked his head in slightly and looked around my room a bit. " Is this really how small your room is? " I nodded and hopped off of my bed to grab my bag. I slid my shoes on and told him that I would be out in a minute. To be 100% honest it was sort of embarrassing to have Luke see my room, especially because he didn't seem too impressed with it.  Before fully exiting out of my room I noticed I had forgot my phone and ran back the few steps to grab it and then scurried out of the room. 

I prayed I didn't forget anything and went out the door to greet him at his car. His really, really, nice car. " Wow, I feel so important getting to ride in a car this nice. " I smiled, beginning to open the front passenger door.  As I was initiating my sitting position, I felt something hit my leg. But it wasn't a seat material, and it definitely wasn't anything that I would assume would be in a car. Before I register what exactly was happening a voice rang through my ears. 

" I'm flattered, but unfortunately the party hasn't started yet and I haven't had anything to drink, so if you could please head to the back of the car that'd be great. Thanks. " It was Michael. I could feel my face starting to get red as I awkwardly got up off of Michael's knee and walked to the back of the car. 

He hadn't had anything to drink? What's that supposed to mean? 

 How do you continue on after something like that happens? That was so awkward. I had just sat on my crush's best friend's lap. Ugh, I'm so weird.  I pretend to brush it off though, and sat into the leather interior that basically formed a cushion around my body and wrapped itself around each section of my peachy skin until it was satisfied with itself and no longer had any more heaven to give.

Although I had heard a lot about Luke in the past year, I still did not yet know what his parents did, and how they could afford to give their son such a nice car to drive to and from school (parties) with. My mom barely trusted me with her run down 1999 Honda Accord Coupe. It was weird to be in the presence of such a beautiful car, let alone be inside of one. 

Each second Luke stopped at a red light my heart sped up. That was just an extra opportunity for Luke to start conversation with me. Thankfully, it was just kept to minimal small talk and awkward moments of silence. Long story short, after about 15 minutes of driving Luke pulled the car into a large house covered in toilet paper and red cups. People were spilling out of the front door completely shit faced and music was blaring through the open windows. 

" Oh God. I- " Luke shut the car off and got out, followed by Michael. Leaving me with nothing but my unfinished sentence. " I guess I should get out then.. " I opened the car door and was instantly hit with the smell of alcohol and cheap perfume. I'd never been to a party like this in my life. The craziest party I had been to before was Jessica Down's 10th birthday party, and it ended before presents were opened because her best friend ate too much cake and threw up on her mom's brand new couch. Now people were throwing up because they drank too much, but the party didn't stop. It kept going.

" Come on Daisy, take my arm. " Luke grinned while holding out his arm in a gentlemanly manner. I caught up as quick as possible through the beer soaked grass and intertwined my arm in his as if we were going to get our pictures taken at Senior Prom. I have to admit, although he was quite an interesting character, he was very much a polished man. 

We walked in the front doors of the large white house and stumbled through the many people. In one room there was beer pong, in the next people were basically having sex on the living room sofas, room after room we walked through until finally coming to the extremely beautiful kitchen. Well, it wasn't so beautiful now, since it had been drowned in alcohol and garbage. " Just, get whatever you feel like drinking and make some friends. " Luke said, slowly taking his arm back down to his side. I hadn't even noticed we were locked together in that position for so long until he moved away. " I'll be wherever that beer pong was if you need me." I nodded cautiously and looked around the room. 

I didn't have any sort of friendship or connection with any of these people. I'm truly lonely when it comes to friends. I decided get a beer from one of the many six packs sitting on the counter and work my way through the hoards of people to find Luke. A few minutes later I found him playing beer pong with Michael and a few of his other friends. But soon I was thrown into the mix too, and even though I had never played beer pong before, I was dominating the other people playing.