CHAPTER 3 - "Another Note"

Please pardon typos and grammatical errors if any. I'm still working on it.

I was still holding the note in my hand. Reading it and re - reading it. The moment I'd read the note, the only thing that had come to my mind straight away was the 'mysterious guy', Kate and I had seen at Ching Shua yesterday.

That is where I'd made an excuse for looking at him saying that I just wanted to know which book he was reading. I shook my head, snapping back to reality. I turned the note over to see if there was any name or any indication as to whom it had come from.

NOTHING.

I sighed in defeat.

Was I so loud that the guy sitting behind us had actually heard me say that? My cheeks turned crimson with embarrassment as I connected my palm with my forehead, slapping it.

Damn it Aria.

Or maybe it was just a huge coincidental prank, I thought to myself. Or could it be?
Aria, don't be stupid, what are the odds, really?
I shot myself a snide comment. But that guy had not looked up at me even once when we were at the restaurant. If he had actually heard me give out a lame excuse to Kate to gawk at him, he would have immediately reacted, right?

I mean that's what any normal person would do. RIGHT?

I was helplessly trying to reassure myself when I was interrupted with the class bell, indicating that lunch break was over. I better get to my class before I end up getting a detention or something.

I HAD to meet Kate and show her this note. I am sure she'd come up with some sensible theory. At least something better than my ridiculous one which made me think that, THAT guy actually thought of writing a note to me.

I walked into the classroom and luckily it was Psychology with the most ignorant professor on planet Earth. So even if I would take my t-shirt off and start dancing on top of my table, he'd be the last to notice, let alone bat an eyelid.

I slid in the backseat and took out the note from my pocket.

~ Just if you're wondering, the book that I was reading is called 'Bright lights, big city'~

Ugh, I muffled a groan in frustration. Thankfully the class passed away in a whizz as I was preoccupied with thoughts of him and also trying to decipher who the note was from.

The bell rang just then and I shot out of class. I really wanted to see only one person's face right now, and that was Kate. I was just one class away from school ending for the day. I could do this, I tried to motivate myself.
Just go straight to class, don't get noticed and stay quiet.

Surprisingly I reached my next class early. It was filled with drones of chatter while I still could not wrap my head around that stupid note.

I was staring at the board, trying to concentrate hard on a particular spot which suddenly got covered when a tall figure stood in front of it.

Holy smokes.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. It was the same guy. AGAIN.

My immediate reaction was to put my head down and and untuck my hair from behind my ears to cover my face. I looked at him through my lowered gaze and saw him glancing at the classroom. He swept a look across the entire room, probably trying to find a seat or something, but completely looked through me, as if I was invisible to him.

He did not take notice of me even in the slightest bit. Should I just say that my women pride was a little hurt? Just a LITTLE.

He started walking towards me.