CHAPTER 4: DEATH

As I woke up, my eyes lids felt heavy and puffy. I had spent my night crying that I ended up falling asleep.
After I was omitted from the hospital I saw someone that I hadn't seen in a long time. I saw Death.
Death had the same colors of what my painting used to look like. It had black, white, and gray. The only difference was that the colors were more intense and a lot darker. He also dripped in the blood of the people he had already taken.
Death was someone that I knew quite well. He came and took a lot of my family from me in various ways. The only thing was that he never touched me or put me in danger. He keep me in a glass cage, "protected" from any harm that the outside world would bring. I, in that matter, was like a preserved flower, wilting, loosing color and beauty. He of course looking from the outside in, grinning, showing his sharp teeth that were stained a crimson red.
In that cage I only had one friend, and of course it was Death. He whispered to me how he works in the world of mortals. He always came to take people but never right away. When he getting ready to take their souls that were filled with life, color, and energy he would come a couple years in advance and watch them live their lives. For me I always knew who was going to die because Death always told me since I was the only one who could see him. I never tried to stop him nor save the person who was going to die because there was no way in stopping death and no one ever helped me.
I always sat in my lifeless and colorless cage watching people's color darken then fade into a beautiful pale, cold, milky white as they died. For me that was always amusing; to see how people can change colors from warm and lively to cold and lifeless. That was the beautiful work of Death. As scary as he was, he was like the father that I never had. He took care of me even though he caused much of the pain that I carry.
The day I was greeted by Death, after being omitted from the hospital, I was given news from him that made all life fade from my face. His words were like a knife that stabbed me. He told me that he was coming for someone in three years time and that there was no way in stopping it. I cried. Tears of blood were streaming down my face and dripping on the wet street since a couple hours before I was omitted it was raining. I could see Deaths face and he too was sad, seeing the state I was in, but there was nothing that he could do since the painting of the future had already been painted and signed.
Death hugged me then left. As I sat in the empty street in my pool of blood and water that was intertwining with each other, I continued to cry painful tears. It started raining again but I did not leave. As the blood continued to run down my face I continued to repeat the name that Death said to me in my mind.
It had to be impossible! I couldn't tell whether this was a dream or reality. As I sat there continuing to cry I suddenly stopped. The rain continued to fall. Then words had escaped my quivering lips.

" save him."