Insomnia

Insomnia.

Chapter one: Sleep defects.

Insomnia haunts their sleepless nights. It keeps them awake to do tedious, unimportant tasks in the wee hours of the night. It keeps their brains from taking a break, thus leaving them drained all the time.

Only getting around six hours of sleep in a seven day week is dangerous to your health. Not only physically, but mentally as well. The problem is not lack of sleep, its what happens after said lack of sleep starts to register in your cerebellum

After a certain amount hours without sleep you start to feel fatigue hit you like a ton of bricks. Your movements become heavy, like you are wearing a suite made of heavy metal. Even the smallest of tasks become the hardest, yet, you find it impossible to close your eyes.

Severe headaches is the next product of sleepless nights, another minion of the enemy known as Insomnia. A few more hours without sleep and your head is banging against you skull. Its been said to feel like a hammer hitting your head repeatedly, so hard that not even the strongest medications can ease the pain.

Soon, the dark, almost black circles under your eyes, becomes a normal thing for you. The blood shot color in your dropping eyes, your slurred speech. The only sleep you can achieve is Polyphasic, which means short, three- to- four minute naps multiple time during the day.

The more days you go without sleeping less than two hours per day, the more your health is being put in serious danger. It is impossible for humans to go with no sleep, but small naps, and one or two hours of sleep a day, will prolong your inevitable death. All too soon though, you start to hallucinate from lack of sleep.

The hallucinations are said to be a wide range of things, mostly due to the part of your brain that hold your fears, your secrets. Soon after the hallucinations, the microsleep begin to play in effect. It is where you fall asleep, even when you are awake, so you don't know the difference between a nightmare, and what is really happening. They last for about one to two minutes in time, and happen repeatedly during the day, at any given moment.

81% of Americans struggle with a sleep disorder. Some caused by post traumatic stress, others by problematic stress, some by insomnia, some from sickness. But for five teenagers in America, they blame Insomnia on what they see every time they close their eyes. On who they see and what he shows them. Their biggest fears all rolled into one.

Those five teenagers, all from one small town in North Dakota, never sleep. All having the same nightmares, of the same man, taunting them, teasing them, scaring them. They don't know why, who, or how, all they know is that each time their eyes start to flutter shut, it means another onslaught of torturous images. No one ever knew, how deadly dreams could actually be, until the five kids from North Dakota, started to struggle with the disease known as, Insomnia.

**

Ohkay this is a short prologue/ chapter thing. Don't worry the the other chapters will be much longer than this one short page. If you read my other story "With You" The chapters range from 5-to-10 pages long. So this one will be about the same lengths.

So this is sort of a fan fic of Nightmare on Elm Street, the whole Freddy thing. But its not exactly. like its not Freddy in their dreams lol. Its just the whole not sleeping thing. Lol. Anyways I hope you like it.