Chapter 3

"Now I didn't say it was me. So eager to jump to conclusions" Sherlock defended. "Mmm hmm... Of course it was you" I uttered with crossed arms. "Well no use denying, what should we do now that the whole of the british government is a toddler?" Sherlock declared. I let out a sigh quite exasperated,"Not much we can do for now just take care of the tots". As soon as those words slipped from my lips, Sherlock froze in trance. "Sherlock?, I said. No response. "Sherlock?" I said again. Nothing. "SHERLOOOOCK!". He snapped out of it,"Sorry what were you say...ing. John?". I rolled my eyes, "Taking care of the tots Sherlock". And just like a child throwing a tantrum he began to whine, "But John. I don't know how to handle children. You have to help me". "Oh no you got yourself into this mess and you'll get yourself out of it as well. Come on, be reasonable there just children. You feed them, you change them, and put them to sleep. What's more to it" I questioned. "John I need you" he said bluntly. All I could do was agree and then I turned to the door. Sherlock stood there puzzled, shocked to realize that didn't work. "John?" "John?" he beckoned me. Then he resorted to my one and only weakness, "I'll buy you jam. Lots of it." I stopped dead in my tracks my back faced toward him. I looked over my shoulder, completely helpless like a slave to his master's will. "Fine", I gave in. "I know when I've been beat. Okay I'll help". "Good. I'm glad that I was able to recruit you. Now what exactly do I have to do?" Sherlock inquired. I opened my mouth to speak but I was cut off. "John! Help me! Lestrade is reaching for my skull! Anderson is reaching for my beakers. Should I let him burn, John?". First things first I ran over to the chimney mantle just in time to stop a climbing Lestrade from falling to his doom with clutched skull between his fingers. I took him in my arms and then proceeded to get Anderson. When I went into the kitchen I saw a furious Sherlock chasing a wet and sticky Anderson with vial in hand. If I didnt know the two any better I'd say they were almost like childhood friends playing tag. Anderson ran under the table Sherlock in hot pursuit ran under the table knocking it over. I quickly dodged the table making sure Lestrade was safe as well. And just when it looked like Anderson had given up he plopped down and dropped all the contents of the vial out of it and on my chair. Man I really liked that chair I thought to myself. There was only so much a person could take and as I stared at my chair something inside me snapped. I put Lestrade down and fumming I bursted "
Gah! What are you mad!? Don't let them touch that! They'll end up injuring thenselves remove all possible hazards from the room immediately. Please Sherlock refrain from letting your beef with Anderson allow you to let him burn. After all he's only a tot he doesn't know better.". That last part took every ounce of my body to say cooly. "What's that, Madonna?", Sherlock came from my room with Ms. Hudson in his arms. I was pretty perturbed that he hadn't heard me at first. I was gonna repeat myself but something in Ms. Hudson's arms caught my eyes. Sherlock saw were my eyes directed to, "Oh yes, Ms. Hudson was running around your room with your jumper". Jumper still in her tiny fingers. Gently I took the jumper away from Ms. Hudson and I looked her in the eyes, "You shouldn't be running you have a bad hip remember ". Sherlock immediately contradicted, " It's not too bad. I'm sure Mrs. Hudson can clean this all up once she's an adult again". " "Well your gonna have to be the adult you need to settle down some ground rules. Act your age and show them who's in charge!" I stated. "Indeed", was all he managed. "Anyway they must be tired it about past their bedtime. Why don't you play a lulaby for them on your violin? That's sure to tire out the youngins and put them to sleep". Sherlock was taken aback, agreed," What shall I perform then?". "Something soothing I hope", I clapped my hands together. "I shall try...", he began to play, amazingly the tots stopped what they were doing. They all gathered up together curled up and fell soundly asleep. " Alright they're asleep. These terrifying monsters are going to be a real problem until I figure out how to reverse this. Thank you John. I do believe we should both get some rest now. Give Mary my best of wishes", already showing me to the door. As he pushed me, " Monsters I'd hardly call children that. They shouldn't be much trouble for now. Yes do hurry we need an anecdote we can't have a good part of the british government running around like tots now can we? People would talk. Yes it does sound like the right thing to do at this moment. Well I bid you goodnight" I said. I walked down stairs just as I was heading outside, Sherlock calls out," Goodnight John. Hopefully they don't murder me in my sleep. For now I'm keeping them on the bed. I'll just sleep on the couch". I couldn't help but laugh as I shut the door. I entered my car as I sat there I thought, Now your just over reacting Sherlock. But then again I'm shocked and slightly proud that you gave up your bed for them how nice and your sleeping on the couch. Good man. Goodnight Sherlock. I turned the key to ignition the car started up and I was on my way. Then a faint whisper in the wind goodnight...