06

soonyoung picked up the newspaper and rolled it under his arm as he reached the doorstep.

cautiously, he pressed the doorbell and prepared himself in a karate stance. the door was immediately swung open, and he caught a flying roll of the expired chronicle.

'nice, son,' his father praised and let him in. 'you were early today after the jog.'

soonyoung threw the old papers and followed, casually shrugged. he didn't see the girl at the convenience store, so he had went back home straight. he didn't see her after school the day before, and those little messages shared during lunch time were their last communication.

the kwon family usually start their day really early, so by the time of five, the delicious smell of breakfast already filled the house.

'kwon soonyoung!' after breakfast, his mother's voice came out of the kitchen. she waved him a piece of paper in his face, before he could say what. 'go get the groceries.'

'i want to go too!' soon-ah whined as soon as she heard her brother by the doorway. soonyoung sat on the step, trying to get into his sneakers, but she hovered over and rested her weight above him. 'please,' she dragged.

soonyoung clicked his tongue in annoyance, and although his message was clear, she ignored.

'you can go yourself then,' he smirked.

soon-ah wrapped her hands around his neck and nearly choked him to death. 'i can't  get everything by myself!'

with a frown, he took out her shoes and threw behind him. she cursed under her breath for being hit by an unexpected attack, but she happily sat beside him and tied her laces.

'you know i am just going to meet jihoon,' she said shamelessly.

soonyoung shook his head and rolled his eyes. 'that kid is short. what can he do? tip toe and get the toilet rolls on the top shelf for you?'

as soon as they entered the supermarket, soon-ah disappeared into the wilds of the store, looking for jihoon, who worked there during weekends. soonyoung followed the list and took everything required. in just half an hour, he was already at the end of the line, queuing up for payment.

he tried to call soon-ah, but she didn't pick up. sadly, he had to call again, sitting by the entrance with the heavy bags.

giving up after a few minutes, soonyoung stood up and decided to go home. just when he was about to cross the road, he saw her coming towards him, also crossing the road.

it was the first time he had seen her in broad daylight, outside school and he felt weird. it was like seeing a genie out of its lamp; she was radiating.

he didn't even realized that his feet was glued to the ground, until she noticed him and waved.

in front of his face.

'hey,' she smiled, and wider when he looked dazed. 'what are you doing here?'

it was the first time he noticed, how her black hair shines under the sun, and how her eyes sparkles with joy.

'is he your friend?'

a voice brought soonyoung out of his trance to reality. he was face to face with a lady slightly older than yooji, giving him a bright smile. she was slightly taller than yooji in her heels and had long wavy hair, but they were both pretty and shared similar features.

he switched his eyes to yooji and when she nodded to the taller lady he grinned, trying to hide his shyness. 'hello, i'm kwon soonyoung, nice to meet you.'

suddenly it hit yooji hard, that no matter how many secrets they had shared, the guy that she grew comfortable with, has a beautiful name called soonyoung.

she felt a gush of sweetness in her throat and she couldn't wait to call him once.

without knowing what to say, soonyoung randomly gestured the lady and chuckled. 'your sister really looks like you.'

yooji's eyes widened, before turning them into pretty half-moon slits as she chuckled.

the lady covered her mouth slightly, as a fit of giggles escaped her lips.

'hello young lad, i'm yooji's mother.'

•••

ah i hope this isn't
too random omg
double updates!