Chapter 3 Deja Vu

One year later

For one whole year, nothing strange or out of the ordinary happened. Until one day.

It was the last day of 10th grade. I was walking home from school. I noticed my mom's car was in the driveway. What was she doing home so early? I opened the door and found my mom running around, throwing things in various tote bags and suitcases. 

"Mom, what's going on? What are you doing?" I asked.

"Honey, you're home. You need to start packing everything. We're moving to LA in a few weeks!" My mom said excitedly.

"Wait what? Why?" I asked again. Something seemed strangely familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

"I got a job in at St. Jude's Children's Hospital in LA. You know I've dreamed of be able to work as a doctor for children. We're leaving in 4 weeks. Start packing some of these extra things we don't need," Mom said. I still couldn't believe this. It was so familiar. Where had I seen this happen before? I just couldn't remember. I sighed and began to put various items in boxes and bags. 

After working for a few hours, my mom went out to grab a pizza. I went up to my room and sat down on my bed. I loved it here it Georgia. I didn't want to leave my family, friends, school, or house. I grabbed my phone and decided to look through my dream journal app. I had written down almost all of my dreams since I first got the app four years ago. I scrolled through them and found the most recent one was from last year. It was titled "Moving to California". That's a weird coincidence. I tapped on it and read it. Once I finished, my eyes were wide, my mouth was hanging open, and I dropped my phone. It was almost exactly the same thing that happened today. I couldn't believe it. How was this even possible? I sat there on my bed in complete shock until I heard my mom come home and call me down for dinner. I quickly ran into the bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face to calm myself down. I put on a fake smile and went downstairs. My mom saw through the fake smile.

"Are you okay, Sweetie?" she asked as she set the table.

"I-I don't know. Last year, I had a dream that you got a job in LA and we were going to move. I wrote it down. Here, " I said and handed her the phone. She took it and read the dream. When she was done she looked up at me. She had a confused look on her face.

"You're not making this up, are you?" she said.

"No, I don't know how this is happening," I said quietly. The rest of that night, we didn't really talk much. We were both confused and slightly afraid. What was happening?