Let's work

I stood close to her, almost holding her in my arms, looking straight into her deep brown eyes, she stared back with equal intensity, just as I ran my fingers on her back, I felt her body shiver. She lowered her eyes, unable to meet my gaze anymore and I closed the difference between us. I felt her scumb to my desire, her rosey lips shivering, I stroked her bottom lip lightly and she looked up,
"Armaan" my name barely escaped from her mouth and sounded so pure, like the most beautiful thing I've heard.
Holding her still from the small of her back, I moved forward to close the distance between our lips.
"Armaan Armaan" Atul stirred me,
"So that's why you weren't responding to my calls, wake up, you have a photoshoot today, you'll be late buddy"
"Huh" I woke up, disappointed at the sudden interference in my dream.
It's been a few days, since that event and I've been dreaming of only her, Riddhima.
Not only my dreams at night, she has been invading my thoughts in the broad daylight too. Not that I complain.
I'm attracted to her, there I accept it.
I haven't mentioned anything about this to any of my friends, both of them are busy in there own lives and I don't feel like telling them, until I'm sure of myself.
I moved out to lounge, to find both Rahul and Atul waiting.
"What's going on with you armaan?" Atul demanded.
"What?" I feigned ignorance, knowing very well what he's referring to.
"You have skipped gym for 2 days, you haven't worked much at the studio, you have a concert in 4 days, you are not responding to our calls, and its almost afternoon and you were sleeping" Rahul explained.
It was an accurate explanation of how I've been all this time and hearing it aloud put me in some perspective.
"I haven't Been well for a few days" I lied.
"I know I've been distracted but i won't be from now on" I assured them.
"You sure, that's it?" Atul asked not completely satisfied with my reply.
"Yes Atul, anyway I heard, dad wanted you to be a full time director rather than Part time" I asked
"Yeah, but I don't know, working full time as Malik Industries director wouldn't give me time to assist you" he replied
"So what, I'll appoint an assistant Atul, it's such a big opportunity, beside you should be MI's director, you've worked hard to be like my dad" he gave me the classic 'how do you know' look, smiling I continued
"What, don't give me that look, we are a family, You've supported me with my dream, now it's my turn" I replied and he hugged me.
"I'm feeling left out" saying so Rahul hugged us too.
"I've already appointed you an assistant, his name is Siddhant Modi" Rahul said.
Looking at our expressions he burst out laughing,
"What, I know you guys too, anyway he'll be joining from today. I've asked him to meet us at Gupta Industries."
At Gupta Industries
I arrived here on time and went straight to Anji's office
"Hey ammy" she said coming out of her chair and hugging me.
"Hey anjie, Atul is at MI, he has a meeting with my dad" I replied cheekily
"I know" she replied smirking, she's a tough one to tease.
"Where's Rahul?" She asked
"He's out to meet Muskaan, finally" I replied to find anji smiling.
"That's a good development, looks like Ridzi's advice is at work" she replied.
Riddhima has been talking to Muskaan about at least hearing out Rahul and then take up her decision.
"Anyway, Dad called, he was happy with the event, and asked me to congratulate you" she added
"Thanks, when's Mr. Gupta coming back" I replied
"This Saturday, I'm sure he's dying to meet Ridzi, when she came back, he was in Australia. Mom's missing him too" She replied.
"Lookslike he's quite fond of her" I commented
"Oh he is, Ridz has always been dad's favourite, when she wanted to go to New York for 2 years for her masters, mom and I was shocked that he let her go"
Our conversation was disturbed by a call, anji received it and though I only heard her side of conversation, I know it's Riddhima on the other side.
Putting the receiver down, anji took me to the studio on 5th floor to begin the shoot.
"Anjali, Thanks" I mummered
"For what" she asked
"For telling me about atul and the post my dad offered him, he wouldn't have told me himself" I replied
"Come on Armaan, I asked him to talk to you, but he wasn't sure" she replied rather lost.
"You really like him" I teased
"A little more than that may be" she laughed.
"Aren't you coming?" I asked seeing her not coming out of the elevator.
"Nah, Riddhima's Territory, best of luck" she replied joking.
As I walked inside the studio, I saw Riddhima, talking to a guy, she looks preety much interested in the conversation, enjoying it, he said something and she laughed and I found my blood boiling.
But the moment our eyes met, she stood there transfixed, not responding to anyone. And something tells me, she's been thinking of me too.
She wore a red dress with a blue belt that ended right before her knees, the blue heels that she teamed it up with, made her look like a goddess, her hair worn down, she looks perfectly edible.
*Red suits her*
The guy tried to get her attention but seeing me he moved towards me,
"Hello sir, I'm siddhant modi, Mr. Grewal asked me to meet you here"
"Hello Sid, Rahul has mailed you all the details, you may read that and start working on my Schedule" I replied and walked towards Riddhima
"Hi Riddhima" I said hugging her
"Hey" she replied melting in my arms.
*yes she missed me*
"We should start with the work" she said coming out of the hug, rather embarrassed.
She called her assistant, who gave me an attire to wear, a brown trousers and a beigh shirt.
I came out of the changing room, only to find Riddhima waiting for me with 2 other women and a man.
"Armaan, these are your make up artists and he is your hair stylist" she introduced them to me and just as she was about to move away, I held her hand and she looked at me surprised.
"Stay" I said looking straight into her eyes, she nodded and sat down on the chair parallel to mine.
We didn't talk much, apart from giving suggestions on make up and hairstyles. But the silence was soothing.
*all I need*
Once done with everything, we moved to the director who explained to me the theme and poses.
We did a few of my solo shots and I felt aware of Riddhima's constant gaze on me, and soon a female model joined me,
I felt awkward and uneasy about it, May be because of my recent feelings for Riddhima, I turned around and saw Riddhima looking unhappy, she was trying hard not to be affected by this, but couldn't succeed much.
*oh she's affected*
Thankfully, the shoot was over soon and I walked in the changing room to change and clean my face.
As I came out of the changing room, I found Sid by my side.
"Sir you have to be at studio by seven" he said, nodding I walked towards riddhima.
Only to find her giving rapid orders to her subordinates.
"Riddhima" I called her, once she finished.
"Armaan" she replied
"Looks like, you have a lot to do" I asked
"Not exactly, I'm done for the day" she said
"Great, I'm going to this place for coffee, join me" I offered
I was dying to be with her, how can let an opportunity skip.
She hesitated, "oh come on" I forced her a little and she agreed.
"I'll get my bag, I'll see you in the parking lot" she said
"Okay" I replied smiling and she blushed.
I went to the parking lot only to find Sid waiting for me,
"Sid cancel all my appointments for tonight" I ordered.
"But sir, you have a concert in four days" he replied.
"I know, switch the shifts and fill in overtime for other days. I'll see you tomorrow morning " I replied with finality.
He nodded and left.
I turned around to see Riddhima there,
"Where are we going" she asked getting in my Audi, as I held the door open for her.
"To the best coffee place" I replied sliding down in the driver's seat.