The Prank

~~flashback continued~~
I rushed to Muskaan to find her flipping out.
"Ridzi thank god you are here. Tell everyone I don't want a marriage" she shouted pacing around the room.
"What? Muski have you lost it. In about half an hour you have to be downstairs for the nuptials. Besides you love Rahul. Don't you?" I tried to infuse some sense in her.
"I do. But.. It's such a big commitment. And what if we end up fighting again" She said and I'm forced to think about how different I and Armaan are.
"Does that matter. I mean, would you ever stop loving him" I said and just in a second came her reply.
"NO"
I smiled at her answer.
"See. You are just being nervous and that's alright. Think about him and you'll do fine" I said and she hugged me.
"You know for someone who's never been in love, you give awfully amazing advice" she said and I feel bad for lying to her.
She's been my best friend for most of my life and lately I've been keeping secrets from her. So many, that I've lost the count.
I decided telling her at least about Armaan. I mean she'll know soon anyway.
"Actually muski.." I said and she looked at me.
I forwarded my hand showing her my ring and she jumped up.
"Oh my god. Riddhima Gupta" she looked at me accusingly.
"You are engaged" she said every word slowly as if it's hard for her to believe.
"Who's the guy. How long have you been dating him?  You didn't even tell me, ME??" She said and I looked down guilty.
"I'm telling you before everyone else" I said in a small voice.
"Oh Riddhima thank you so much sweety" she said sarcastically.
"Who's the guy ridzi" she interrogated
*oh we are back to ridzi, thank heavens*
"You know him" I said
"Oh for the love of God, just tell me woman" she's being her dramatic self.
"Armaan" I said and she looked at me as if I blasted a bomb on her.
"What??"
"Armaan" I said blushing a little.
"Ridz what's wrong with you. Of all the people, Armaan!" She said and I looked at her
*of all the things, I didn't expect this*
"I thought you like him" I said confused.
"Oh I do, but as a friend.. I don't know ridz. He's a flirt and he's got anger issues. Besides it didn't end well even with sappy"
"What with sapna?" I asked.
"Well they dated and it didn't work out and they almost lost their friendship" she said and seeing me blank continued,
"They are normal now. Since sappy got with Amit. It's just You haven't known him long ridz" she said and hugged me.
"I thought you'd support me" I said.
"I do sweety. But I can't help it, I care for you"
"So you love him" she asked looking straight into my eyes.
"Yes I do"
*there I said it*
"And does he" she asked.
"More than anything" came a voice from behind and both of us turned around to find him standing at the door.
"You love her. Like really Love" Muskaan asked challenging him.
It's so unlike her. For a second, I'm forced to think it's Anji Di. No wonder, she cares for me.
"Yes Muskaan, LOVE" He said meeting her challenge and I couldn't help but smile.
"Now if you're satisfied, please give us your blessings." He said pulling me to him and she looked straight at him.
"Only if you promise, you'll never hurt her" she said.
"Never" he promised kissing my knuckles, and my heart swell at the sincerity of his words.
Muskaan hugged both of us.
"Armaan why you came here?" I asked trying to change the topic.
"Oh yes, I came to call you both." He said and looking at Muskaan added, "about time"
She smiled.
"So ready to be Mrs. Rahul Grewal" I asked holding her hand.
"As I'll ever be" she said and we chuckled.
We moved downstairs, where all the nuptials will take place.
Armaan's Mom looked at me and smiled, more often than usual, earning me weird glances from my mother.
"Everything okay sweety?" Mom asked me and I weakly nodded.
"I'm gonna miss Di" I said and she hugged me.
*weddings does put people in a touchy and hugsy place. Not that I mind*
"Soon we'll have to let you go too"She said giving me a longing look.
"Oh mom" I said and hugged her back.

I might have been angry on her and dad for not telling me the truth. But then I love them. They are my parents, they always have been and they always will be. And I know they love me too, may be a little more than Anji Di.
Dad came and stood beside us. I left mom and side hugged him and he patted my back.