Chapter 8

Mark was there in a tuxedo and holding a rose. How did he know that was my favorite. I wanted to burst into tears but I didn't. "You look beautiful, miss Cawthon." "Well, you look very dashing Mr. Iplier." We hugged, he gave me the rose, then went inside. I got the shrimp and steak with extra noodles with no veggies. He ordered something that I wasn't really listening to because my dad kept texting me.
Dad: I heard about your date.
Dad: make sure he treats you right.
Dad: if he doesn't I will snap his neck
You: I'm fine. He is a great guy and I want to spend my life with him, don't worry
Dad: okay, just remember
You: bye dad
Dad: bye
"(Y/n)" a deep voice said, breaking me away from my phone. "Huh? What? Oh." I put out my plate so the guy could put food on it. "Thanks." "Ah, you on date tonight." (Sorry if I sound like the nail salon ladies but I was going for Chinese) I felt like I was going to blush as madly as I did before I came in here. The date was over quickly but it was raining hard outside. Mark and I decided to run to his car. Before I got in he stopped me and turned me around. "What ya doing?" I didn't want to sound mean but I was only concerned. I hate rain.

Mark's POV
I leaned in.

Your POV
He leaned in.

I don't know why this would be a cliffhanger, I bet you could guess what is going to happen.