Author Edition :Sneak Peek to the Hard To Quit Sequel

Sneak Peek to the Hard To Quit Sequel

My phone vibrated softly. I opened my eyes and my screen read 2:45 am. I hit the dismiss button on the alarm and got up going into Demetri's room. He was fast asleep. I shook him gently. "Metri, get up. We have to go." I whispered. He stirred. I grabbed his basketball duffle bag and threw some of his clothes, under wear and his sneakers into it.

"Demetri get up and put your bag in the car. I will meet you there." I said dropping his duffle bag on the edge of the bed before tip toeing into my room, grabbing my suitcase and putting it at the garage door. I ran into the kitchen putting down the divorce papers and my wedding ring on the counter. I was done being married to a man who was going to continue acting like he was single and thought it was ok to sleep with the woman who almost ruined our relationship back in college.

When I got to the car Demetri was already in there with the bags in the backseat and he was knocked out again. When we got to the airport about to board the plane Demetri looked at me and asked. "Are you really leaving Dad?"

I looked away from him before answering. "I don't know sweetie. Your dad has messed up to many times now."

I woke up to my phone ringing. I answered it without looking at the caller I.D. "Hello?" I mumbled sitting up. "Your fucking kidding me right?" A familiar voice said in a hushed whisper. "Its divorce papers Dominic, whats so funny in that? You pushed me to do it." I said realizing who it was. Demetri moved next to me. I heard a slight wheezing from his chest. I grabbed my purse on the night stand rummaging through it for his inhaler, when I remembered he had one in his pocket. I pulled the sheets off reaching into his pocket for his inhaler.

"Where are you?" Legacy said, his voice sounded like he was trying to stay calm.

"Maybe you should go ask your son." I said lifting Demetri's head. He woke up taking the inhaler from me using it. I heard shuffling through the phone. Dominic was probably running up the stairs.

After a brief pause he said. "This isn't funny Khristal, where is Demetri?? You cant take my son." he yelled. "Your son?? You dont even care about him." I whispered getting off the bed going into the bathroom closing the door behind me. "I dont care?! Khristal we both know that's bulls- Just tell me where you guys are... just let me talk to him." He said trying to calm down again.

I opened the door looking to see if Demetri was up. He was laying down on his phone. He looked up at me. "Your dad wants to talk to you." I said handing him the phone. He put a fiinger up before ending the call. "Yeah, I will be back soon. I just have some family issues to solve ok? Yeah, I love you too." He said hanging up taking the phone from me. "Was that Monique?" I said sitting next to him. He nodded before answering the phone to talk to his dad.

"Hello... mom said I can't tell you where we are... I don't... whatever man... I will be home before school starts again... I don't know. I think it's best if mom stayed a while... I don't believe you... I gotta go... Yes I will call the girls and let them know I'm ok. Bye." He said hanging up. I looked at him. He stared at me with his blue green eyes. "Dad said he loves us." He said as I watched his eyes fill up with tears. I hugged him. He pulled away going into the bathroom.

"I'm heading to the pool." He mumbled before closing the door. He's so much like his father. He wasnt the man I devoted my life too, he wasnt the man who almost died in my arms 17 years ago, and he damn sure isn't the man I gave my heart too. That man was long gone. When we were in college it was so hard for us to quit on each other... now its like were in rehab for our addiction.

If you loved that preview you will love the second book!!! Get ready for. A Common Addiction: Sequel to Hard To Quit!!!!!!