Good Morning

"Your mother called, she's arriving at the airport in about two hours".

I covered my small body with my cold blanket turning to look at white wall, it was too early to get up and i really didn't want to talk about my mother. My father stood there for a reply , it took him a minute to realise i did not want to talk. I can hear his foot steps walking toward my bedroom door ,but  instead he made his way toward my two large windows and opened the curtains letting in the bright sunshine from the outside.

"Get up, we need to clean the house. I'm going to be gone for a couple of minutes, need to go inform my boss about the plan."

"Can Callisto come over?"I murmured.

"Yeah".  I turned too look at him ; showing a small smile. I know he was more nervous than i was. Not seeing your first love in a while can be a big impact.  He looked around my room as he went back toward the door and closed it on his way out. He was acting really quiet today.

I stood up from my bed seeing that it was only eight of the morning, grabbing my phone i texted Call . Hoping she can come over and help me clean the house. I stretched my arms in the air ; letting out a small yawn.

"God, i want to go back to sleep". I felt my phone vibrate in my hand unlocking the screen to see that Call was busy opening her mom's candle shop. Now, i have to clean the house all by myself. But, first breakfast. I put on my fuzzy socks heading down the wooden stairs, i got to the kitchen watching my dad put on his shoes.

"How long are you going to be gone?" I grabbed a small white bowl from next to the sink. Then opened a new box of almond cereal.

"Depends if the boss is busy". My father finished tieing his shoes.

"What if you take a long time?" I grabbed a spoon and sat on one of the stools that was on the island.

"If i do take a long time , i wont get home early. I'll probably afterwards just head to the airport". He grabbed his coffee cup.

"Dad?"

"Yeah Karmen?" He took a sip from his warm coffee ; grabbing the keys from the wall.

"Are you nervous?"

"Why should I be?" He gave me one of those grins that meant ; I'm okay.

"What if she hasnt changed?" I was really worried about how my mother would look and act after about nine years of not having contact with her. In my mind i still see her like that alcoholic .

"What if she did?" With those words my father left me to clean the whole house by-myself.

*Half an hour later

I was finished with the down stair area which was; the kitchen , living room, bathroom and my dad's studio.My music was blasting in my ears , doing some dance moves here and there. I grabbed the mop and began to mop the wooden floor, feeling my phone vibrate.

Done with the boss, thinking its a best idea to head over to the airport already. I'll text you when she arrives. Remember to wash the visitors room sheets- Dad

"Really? I thought i was almost done".  I pleaded out , i quickly finished mopping the rooms and kitchen , heading upstairs to the room that was always closed. I opened the white door turning on the lights seeing simple blue sheets on a queen size bed. The room was almost empty only holding a bed, counter and a large mirror. I grabbed the sheets and put them in the washer, taking new clean ones from my father's closet. It took me a good five minutes too but the new sheets on the bed.

" All done".  I closed the door of the room that Ann was going to sleep in, i decided to lay in my room and take a quick nap . I couldn't close my eyes because there was so much to think about. How was i going to reach to Ann walking into my house? Was i suppose to call her Ann or mom? What if she still drinks? I needed someone to hear me out.

Hey buddy , haven't talked to you in a while . Hope touring is going great. Mind if i call around later today? Really need someone to talk to xx - Karmen

I decided to text my close friend Jose , hoping he wasn't still performing or asleep in his band's van. I plugged in my earphones , listening to Lana Del Rey. I cuddled and made myself comfortable. Feeling my eyes close slowing ; moving my lips to every word Lana sang.

And there's no remedy for memory your face is

Like a melody, it won't leave my head

Your soul is haunting me and telling me

That everything is fine

But I wish I was dead