When The Dead Visit The Wrong Person

"Then, who are they for?" Leon asked, being ever the sensible one, while the others just looked at the approaching figures with a mixture of confusion, fear and curiosity.

"They're looking for Merlin, as always." Freya said in a sombre tone. Arthur's head snapped to look at Freya.

"What do you mean, they're looking for Merlin. There's so many. And what do you mean, as always?"

"Many of my spirits wish to speak to Merlin. Some to congratulate him, some to comfort him, some to offer wisdom, some to apologise, some to thank, some to forgive, some to tell him that it's okay, some to show regret and remorse. But a handful because they miss him and he misses them." Freya's mouth was turned down as she spoke the last sentence, obviously putting herself into that category.

"If you all want to speak to him so much, why don't you? He's obviously here alot."

"The old religion denies us the right to talk to him, he must give his consent, I could ask you because I didn't want to speak with any of you about your life, nor did you wish to speak to me, but Merlin, I cannot ask if he wishes to speak to the dead that wish to speak to him because I am one of them and I know he wishes to see me."

Freya's eyes began to well up again and a broken sob escaped her lips. It was at this point that four of the spirits stepped forward and one rushed to grasped her into a hug.

"Hey, hey." The spirit cooed. "Merlin's okay, he's got these guys. They were doing a bad job before, but now they know, don't they?!" It was a gentle, but firm voice, Arthur recognised it from somewhere.

"They still don't know why though!"

"Who exactly are you people?" Arthur asked. The one standing furthest away started chuckling, a deep, scornful voice.

"Typical, the stuck up Prince doesn't know who we are, the people who died either helping him, Merlin or his kingdom."

"He's King now... Will." Freya mumbled almost scolding the person.

"I don't care, he was a Prince when I died, he'll stay Prince in my head."

"Will? I know that name!" Gwaine said, slightly confused but looking thoroughly chuffed with himself.

"Great." 'Will' said sarcastically. "Someone I've never met knows more about me than the person I died saving. Ridiculous!" He gave a pointed look at Arthur while he spoke and from the tone of his voice you could tell Will was unimpressed.

"You died, saving me?"

"Yeah you numskull. I was doing it more for Merlin's benefit than yours but it was worth it."

"Will you all come closer, for goodness sake, I have no idea what you look like and two of you haven't even spoken." Elyan looked shocked at his out burst himself, let alone the odd looks he was getting from some of the other knights.

"I agree with Elyan. I want to know who died sacrifice so much and I want to know why they mean so much to Merlin. I also want to know why so many people feel the need to speak to Merlin even if they're dead. I want to know why you died" Percival said looking at Freya. "And I want to know why you care about Merlin so much. Why Merlin is so upset and I want to know why we don't seem to know anything about him!" Percival was staring intently at the fog covers figures until one seemed to sigh and begin to walk forward.

"Well then, you may want to get comfortable, because to answer all those questions we have to do alot of digging and alot of you all being quite."

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey Penguins.
Hope your all well.
Sorry it's not my best work.
I have a stonking head ache and I'm absolutely shattered.
Have a great Friday.
See y'all soon.
Have some cookies. (::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)
Or a hot cross bun (+)(+)(+)(+)(+)
Eaaaassssssttttteeeeerrrr!!!!!!! YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

WORD COUNT!!!!! 672!!!!!!