Coming Home

Lorelai knocked on the door, knowing as Becker Kann opens the door that Beverly wasn't here.

"You know she left without you." He says bluntly, running his fingers through his dark hair that matched with his sister's dark chocolate locks.

Lorelai shrugged. "S'alright. I've no interest in bar hopping or whatever she does anyhow."

His dark eyes studied her curiously. "You're still gonna wait when you know she isn't here?"

Lorelai nodded, and he moved aside to let her in. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cupboard. When she closed the refrigerator with an iced tea jug in her hand, Becker was leaning against the counter.

"Yes?" She drawled, watching Becker smile slightly at her accent.

"Nothing." He said nonchalantly as she put the iced tea away. "It's just...she's gone, you know she's not coming home till morning but you still wait?"

He shook his head. "I don't get it."

Lorelai shrugged, sipping her tea absently. "I don't really get it either. But this is more of a home to me than anywhere, you should know that by now."

Becker smirked. "All I know is there's a strange foreigner who's been hanging around my house for the last year and a half."

Lorelai laughed, shaking her head at his antics and then turning to leave the kitchen and go upstairs.

"Lai?" Becker always called her that, a little sister nickname like 'Bev'.

She turned, raising a brow. "Yah?"

He studied her once more, his eyes searching, but eventually he shook his head. "Nevermind."

She turned and went up to Beverly's bedroom, thinking nothing of it.