Destiny's Heart SPECIAL IV pt. III

Leia's P.O.V:

Ever since he left the village, I was pulsing with anger. And it didn't settle down when he returned. He returned with technonized weapons that he mastered during his adventures. And ever since he's returned, I kept giving him the cold shoulder.

But as of that moment...

"Watch out!", he screamed as he tackled me.

I pushed him off me and he got knocked over. Good riddance. I hear a whirl of blades coming for me and nearly got caught by one.

So... he was trying to protect me...?

But... wasn't he...?

"Keep on your toes. There's more coming.", he warned me.

I couldn't help but respect him and forgive him for that. He's still the same flushbutt as before. Kind, caring, but now braver and stronger.

Let's do this flushbutt.

...

"You ready, flushbutt?", I asked quickly and ran towards the wall.

He stood there dumbstruck for just a second and then ran towards the wall in the opposite direction to where I'm heading. I look down to see Sloth charging some kind of power while Envy protects him. I then looked over to Hiro who was waiting for my signal. I nodded to him and drew my bow, I aimed at Sloth, who seems to be in stasis still. I nodded again, this time pointing to him and fired all our ammunition on hand. A hailfire of bullets and arrows fly straight towards Sloth. Envy prepares to shield him as she's chanting incantations at a morbid pace. The projectiles almost reach them, if it wasn't blocked by a barrier of sorts.

"Damn it.", I cursed under my breath.

I somersaulted back to the ground, but Hiro remained on the pillar he's hooked on and fires a couple more shots before landing down himself.

"Looks like we'll have to go with Envy first.", he said.

"There's no telling what Sloth can do, we outta go for him first.", I argued.

He just sighed and changed the gears on his sword, it transformed into a broadsword. I never knew how that actually worked. Kinda seemed impossible to turn a gunblade into a broadsword. But I digress.

He slashed in the air and shockwaves crashed down on both of them. Envy having a hard time maintaining that barrier as each shockwave hit it. He saw this opportunity rise and signaled me to charge. I put my bow back and drew my twin swords. I ran towards Envy, who was still keeping the barrier intact somehow. I enchanted my swords with natural forces and as I got near, slashed the ever living hell out of that barrier she's holding. She grits her teeth but manages to STILL keep this barrier intact. What is with this barrier?

She smiled suddenly and released the barrier, knocking me back quite the distance away from her and Sloth. Sloth emerged from his stasis and stood up, now wielding a huge-ass sword and was about... three times bigger. This can't be good. Sloth jumped up and disappeared, after one complete second he was in front of me, grinning wickedly, I kicked his shin and hopped away from him.

"Hehehehe...", he laughed, his smile not moving from his dreadful, deformed face.

"Oh shit.", I cursed.

A few shockwaves hit Sloth and I see Envy suddenly jumping in to stop Hiro from his relentless assault. Sloth runs towards me with huge sword in tow. He raised his sword up in the air and slammed it down on the ground the next second, luckily, I sidestepped out of his area of effect. How the hell is he this fast?

I can't give in now. I will fight this abomination. And his head will adorn my walls as we get back.

Hiro's P.O.V:

After a few well-placed shockwaves aiming for Sloth, who seemed to be monstrous in size and speed; Envy jumps in, using Ritsuka's technique, no doubt about it. Looks like this demon's a mimic. She slashed at me using a blade she conjured using the shadows. Shards of shadow fly around with each strike she deals, each one leaving a blob that seem to follow her. That can't be good.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?", she mockingly asked.

"Hmph. I'll have yours first, demon.", I retorted.

She moves exactly as Ritsuka, with precision and grace. But there must be an inconsistensy within her technique, something I could work on... a weak spot.

I quickly snapped myself back to reality to see that she gathered more or less all the blobs that she threw out and aimed it all for me. All the blobs fly in all directions, each one transforming back into a deadly shadow shard. I sighed, and used my special ability.

Ring...

Ring...

The peace and serenity of the calming sound of a bell. I could never forget that day. It was just at that time before I left the village. The Nevermore...

That is what I call it. It completely stops time and allows me to move as I wish, but alas, this costs me too much of energy, so I just use this ability to switch the gears of my runic blade. I quickly rummage through my pocket a gear, and what I picked up is more than satisfying to see. The dual-blade enchantment gear. I take out the broadsword gear from the blade and attach the dual-blade gear in its place.

I walked a distance away from the blob storm and took a deep breath.

Ring...

Ring...

And thus, time moves once again.

I see that Envy lashed down, as if to command her blobs to atrack where I was; and unsurprisingly, all the blobs crashed down into a heaping pile of itself, unable to hit the target that was just there a mere two seconds ago. I used that one opportunity and slashed her with both swords. She welps out in pain and turns to stab me, but I parried her blow and returned the favor with the other sword.

"You are annoying, you know that?", I mockingly asked.

"Hmph. I'll take it. Along with your sharp tongue.", she retorted.

I pull back and she also jumps away. After a second of focus, we rush towards each other once again. Steel clashed with shadow as if the shadows were hard as steel. She keeps on the assault and still making blobs with every strike. I strike her down with fire; an easy enchant to do; and she pulls back, hissing at the fire that kissed her skin.

"I'm getting really annoyed here. So if we could just pick up the pace and kill you quickly, I promise you it'll be painless.", she said, clearly frustrated.

"Hmph. Then I guess I'll try harder then.", I said back.

"Fine. Don't go killing my expectations now, you hear?", she asked.

"I'll be glad to put your head on a silver platter."