Resistance

"Yukki, please help me" I said to her. My head was held down and I continued to let her hug me and comfort me while I just stood there. After a while we both calmed down and we both sat in the living room. 

She handed me a folder and inside the folder contained all the details of the new project she was handling. I scanned through the folder and analyzed all the important details about how this project of hers was relevant to our situation.

I realized from scanning the details of her research that this was not going to be a viable solution for our problem, given that Jake has only a few months to live. It seems that she doesn't know that Jake's condition is getting worse.

 I had to tell her the inevitable.

"Yukki, please don't tell him this, but Jake has only a few months to live" I said. Yukki's face suddenly went pale, by just scanning through the folder she gave me it was obvious that her research project would take at least a year to finish. 

Yukki couldn't utter a word after she heard what I had told her about Jake. "But, but his condition seems so good?" Yukki said to me. 

I told her all about last night, on how his condition is getting worse as time passes by and I told her that was also the reason that I decided to reconsider project assimilation to save Jake's life. 

The premise of her new project was a good idea, I mean replacing live body organs with using advance robotic technology was a possible solution for Jake's deteriorating health, but time was not on our side. 

"If we can't stop time, why not stop Jake instead" Yukki mumbled. I was confused on what she meant about stopping Jake, what did she mean by that.

She then got her bag and told me that she was going to be back later this afternoon and that she would explain on what she meant about stopping Jake instead of stopping time. I ushered her on her way out when suddenly I heard Jake calling me. 

"Sis! Breakfast is ready, care to join me?" He said. Yukki and I were by the door when Jake called me. He went out the kitchen and saw Yukki just about to leave. "Yukki, why don't you stay for breakfast? I cooked enough food for us, even though Jillian didn't say that she was hungry" He said to Yukki while smirking at me.

"Sure, breakfast sounds delicious!" Yukki said. 

It's been a while since the three of us had a meal together, I mean Yukki rarely comes by the house since she's so busy with all her other responsibilities in her new company. It's times like these I wish that I could just stop time and savor the moment that we have together. 

After breakfast, Yukki gave her farewell and she said to me that she'll be back later this afternoon and explain to me on what she meant earlier. Jake had a confused look on his face when she when he heard what Yukki said to me, then he just brushed it off like he didn't hear a thing. 

"Well I'm going back to my room now" He said to me. Then just before he went up to his room, he looked at Yukki and he said "Don't be a stranger now okay?" He said to her. In a flash, he was gone, Yukki and I hardly noticed how fast he went up his room. 

I hugged her before she left and she whispered into my ear "Everything will be alright Jillian."

Yukki left.

The door closed behind her but it seems like when she closed the door, all the problems and fear of uncertainty entered. I feel that Yukki was the older sister in this situation even though I know that she's two years younger than me, she seems more independent and more stable than I ever could be. 

I decided to go up to Jake's room to check up on him, just to make sure that he was all okay. I opened his room and he yelled "Don't you ever knock!?" His face was blushing red while he was under his sheets. I quickly closed the door and went out of his room immediately.