Chapter 1

They say no man was an island but how can someone stay out of peers when she herself doesn't need anyone to lean on? She's been alone all her life, she never asked help, she never needed help, but her fragile heart gives it all.

No, she's not weak. She's not vulnerable but she's strong enough to hide all the pain she's been masking ever since the time had come for her to take the blindfold off and see what life really is.

She may look young, but the face she has had been masking all the scars that were made deep inside her, wounds that never really healed, a self that's been broken for all the years of her existence.

She may look innocent, but the thoughts running inside her mind were only for her to understand. The youthful face she has hid the ugly truth that even when she's still young, her mind was that of an adult that has experienced it all.

The adult that faced all the struggles in life.

She may smile, but the smile she gives to other people is just a like show. Just for everyone's entertainment because behind her smile are the tears that can almost make her see her reflection.

Sleepless nights, painful cries, terrible nightmares, dead silence and the loneliness inside her heart are her friends. Friends that never left her even for a single bit, she still call herself lucky though, because she never went insane, she never lost her sanity, the thing she only treasured the most right after her miserable life.

I eat alone.

I walk alone.

I live on my own.

I'm all on my own.

That's what she always tells herself. After all..

It's the truth.

Kim Taeyeon is her name, but never did anyone treasured that beautiful name as much as she did. Because her name was used for fun all the time, people call her not because they like her, but because they want to make fun of her.

"Taeyeon, aren't you going to eat?" Yoona asked as she appeared her friend Taeyeon, looking up from her book, Taeyeon faked a smile as she shook her head and looked back to the book again. She secretly looked out of the window, trying to ignore Yoona's presence there.

"The students are gone, just.. at least.. let me talk to you. You've been avoiding me eversince the students found out that we're friends" Yoona said as her voice cracked. No, she isn't the same as the other students who don't pay attention to Taeyeon but she's that one kind girl who loves to be Taeyeon's friend even if the world is against their friendship.

Who wouldn't when Yoona's world is a lot more different that Taeyeon. She's rich, she's outgoing, she's bubbly and she's the complete opposite of Taeyeon, the girl who's not rich, not outgoing and most of all she never really know what fun is.

She's always silent, the observant one. The one that students like to make fun of because they said that Taeyeon's just like a robot, having no expressions at all. Having no emotions at all.

But even when she does, she's just so good at hiding and even when she shows it.

No one would care and that's for sure.

"Taeyeon please.." Yoona begged and Taeyeon sighed as she stood up. Sadness and guilt can be seen through her eyes and Yoona did nothing but to just hug her friend tight, they had been friends for long and Yoona knows what Taeyeon's reason is for avoiding her.

"I'm sorry. I'm just afraid they'll make fun of you just how they do it to me" Taeyeon said with a pang of guilt in the tone of her voice. Holding her tears in, Yoona chuckled as she hugged her friend tighter.

"Silly, we're friends right? I'm not worthy to be called a friend if I'll forsake you just because they make fun of me because of you" Yoona said before breaking their hug and Taeyeon then again forced a smile, they had kept their friendship a secret much to Taeyeon's request but now that everything was revealed to everyone, they both knew that it's going to be a tough road ahead of them.

"I'm sorry.." Taeyeon apologized again and Yoona snickered.

"Don't be sorry.." Yoona said as she gave Taeyeon a reassuring smile which Taeyeon trusted multiple times. That same reassuring smile that made them become friends, and the same trusting voice Yoona gave back when she stated that she wanted them to be friends.

"Thank you..." Taeyeon muttered and Yoona smiled. "That as well.." Yoona said and Taeyeon smiled but this time it was a true one, not a forced or fake one and Yoona knew that even when it's just a simple reconciliation, she had made Taeyeon smile.

"So let's go and eat now because I'm dying out of hunger here" Yoona said and Taeyeon lightly chuckled as she followed her friend who dragged her out of the classroom. Taeyeon knew what Yoona is exactly planning, she wanted to retort, she wanted to back out right after seeing the looks the students gave her but Yoona held her hand tight and she never bothered the looks they gave.

They never did.

"Hey, why aren't you eating? Atleast take a bite, I'm hurt here" Yoona said as she notice Taeyeon not touching her food. "I'm still full.." Taeyeon said as she gave Yoona weary look and Yoona sighed as she shook her head.

"You're lying.. Just eat it, don't mind the students looking at us" Yoona said as she filled her mouth with the food again and Taeyeon sighed as she ate the food. No, the looks the students gave her isn't the problem but she felt that she owed Yoona a big thing.

After all, the girl had been there for her through ups and downs.

"Alright.." Taeyeon said barely audible. There was silence between her and Yoona but the voices of the students that filled the cafeteria dominated that, soon after after, Yoona shouted which made Taeyeon flinch from her seat.

"Oh my!" Yoona exclaimed with bits of food flying out from her mouth. She may be a rich girl but Taeyeon never saw her that way because all she sees when she's with Yoona is a dorky, careless, outgoing yet a pretty girl which everyone admires.

"What.. is it?" Taeyeon asked innocently as she handed Yoona a tissue which Yoona took quickly to wipe the food off her mouth.

"Can you help me do my trigonometry homework? Please, please pretty pretty please" Yoona said while rubbing her palms together and giving Taeyeon a pout. Letting out a deep breath, Taeyeon smiled as she nodded her head.

"Sure" Taeyeon said that immediately put a smile on Yoona's face.

"Really?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head.

"Thank you~" Yoona said and Taeyeon smiled.

"That's what friends are for.."