knowing

I was sitting on the couch writing my essay on literature for my project work. Mr. Bryan our English professor is hard to please ,he is a brilliant teacher so his expectations are also high. I finally rose up and saw it was 7 pm, I didn't realized that I was writing for two hours. "Ahhhh!" I groan as my wrist ached with pain and I decided to take a break. I stood up and went to kitchen to make some coffee and there I saw Sarah my roommate and best friend. We were friends from childhood and when we left our city for college, we started to share a room as paying guests. She is so beautiful and trendy not like me who is a book worm. She was bouncing and dancing on the music that was playing on disc loudly. I rolled my eyes,it was so Sarah type she is overwhelming and too exited sometimes. Her father is a rich businessman at Manhattan and mine was a Hotel manager,he worked for him and they were best buddies so we know each other for so long. "What happened?" I asked smiling. "Oh dear! " she jumped on me and hugged me tightly. "You remember the magazine , I applied for last month for an experience of part time job?"
"Yes, the weekly gossip right?" I remembered her enthusiasm when she applied for few magazines for a work experience. She wanted to be a news reporter and open her own company from childhood. " I got call from them. Weekly gossip called me yes yes!!" She was so happy and I was also exited to see her child like happiness. " I am so happy for you congratulations!" I hugged her and she hugged back greening. "But there is a problem, they want an exclusive interview of Allen victor." "Who is he?" I asked without curiosity my mind was tangled again in my left essay. "Oh Stella! I know you don't read fashion magazines but still don't you read news paper." "I read that." I mouthed opening the fridge to make lasagna for dinner Sarah is horrible at making food so the cooking part was mine. " OK OK ! Allen is a youngest business tycoon. He started his own company when he was only 19 and his company holds the top place on the chart from that year. He is building new chain of universities in Asia and he is the director of a national economic institution too. He has..." "OK OK, he is great but can we eat now,I am hungry." I cut her off and we started making preparation for dinner. After dinner I concentrated on my essay and Sarah started making calls for her interview. At 11 pm we headed for a coffee break. Sarah was upset they rejected her appointment call because Mr.Allen's schedule for a month was full. "Don't worry you will find a way to convince them I know. " I encouraged her and she smiled brightly. "Yes I can do it. I will go to their office tomorrow and I will get permission. Can you please take care of my lessons of tomorrow lectures." She asked with a determined face and I happily nodded I can't see her upset.
Next day when I woke she already left and I hurried to go for college. I submitted my essay and took notes and photocopied them for Sarah. I got home and placed food for Sarah,then I went to my work place Mr.Banner's cloth shop ,where I worked for six months as a part timer. At 6 pm I got home and saw Sarah was sitting on the couch with a frustrate expression. "How was your day." I asked anxiously and she started talking in rush like she always do when she is upset. "You would not believe they told me if I have a secretary then I can contact them. What rubbish is that hah! Now I have to hire a Secretary just for an interview? What the fuck!" I was confused what kind of man wants a reporter who own a secretary. "They are freak don't worry we will find someone who can do it." I reassured her. "But who??" She mumbled to herself and her eyes darted back and forth then on me." You." She mouthed and I froze "No no I can't. I am not talkative and impressive you need someone who can impress and manage them." I resisted and there it came her puppy face and emotional blackmailing as always and just after 10 minutes of struggling I gave up.