Restless

Hey everyone! Here's some fluff (as promised!) I hope you enjoy! Dont forget to leave all opinions in the comments, and to vote (and/or follow) for more Eremika stories! Hope you like it! I'm pretty proud of this one! XD

It's not very long, but I hope you like it anyway! ^-^ (sorry if it's too short!)

-Admin

~~~~~~~~~~

Eren rolled around under the sheets. Sweat lined his forehead, the ends of his hair stuck to the sweaty skin. He tossed the sheets off, unable to bear the heat anymore. It was a typically cold night out, but for some reason, in the damp, musky barracks, Eren lay sweating and restless.

He was quite used to this; every night he lay in his room, staring at the stable, wooden ceiling, usually sweating. Normally, he'd drift into a dark nightmare, unable to wake up. Sometimes it was about the death of his mom, sometimes it was about the deaths of the Levi squad, and usually, it was about the death of Mikasa. That was the worst one of all; the death of the only girl he ever cared about, the only girl he was comfortable around. His only family: family that wasn't even really family.

She's stronger than you, Eren stared blankly into the ceiling, lost in thought, if a titan could slip past her and almost kill you, what makes you think that a weakling like you could save her? Eren's sweat intensified, the thoughts raving on in his head. You'll never be able to save her again. And you promised to her, too...

In a flash or anger, he slammed his fist into the side of the wall, instantly hearing a crack come from his hand, and the impact elicited a bonk sound that echoed in the murky room. He retracted his hand, gripping his wrist with the opposite hand. He held back a cry of pain, knowing full well he'd already made way too much noise.

He fell back down onto the mattress, his bare back hitting the warm, sweat-soaked sheets. His hand throbbed, but he knew that soon enough he'd regenerate, and his hand would be as good as new, just like always. He wanted to cry, he wanted to wail, and not just of physical pain; also the pain of knowing he couldn't protect Mikasa, even if he wanted to.

Suddenly, the door creaked open. Sometimes Mikasa would come into his room after a nightmare when they were trainees. His head whipped up at the noise, hoping that he would see his adoptive sister there.

"Oi, brat, keep it the hell down in here, would you?" The familiar voice of his commander scolded, "If you're trying to break your arm off, do it outside some other time. If you dare wake me up again, I will break your arm off myself."

The sound of stomping echoed down the hall while Eren was left alone in his room. The darkness of being alone had reappeared almost as soon as it left. He slumped back down with a sigh. He stared back at the dark ceiling, leaning against the unforgiving wall. He started to shiver as his bare arm touched the cold wall. He regretted shoving the sheets off, but he didn't dare get up again. He didn't dare wake up Levi again. The sheets sat mockingly on the floor, just out of his reach. The floor looked freezing, and he didn't dare try to step on it.

After a few minutes of thinking of what to do, he holds his breath and takes a step on the floor. A deafening creak echoes throughout the room, and throughout the hallways.

Oh, god dammit.

Eren's last thought was before the door parted slowly, revealing a face. He winced, bracing for a good beating, closing his eyes tight, and raising his hands to his face to protect himself.

"Eren?" the voice, so sweet, so gentle.

"M-Mikasa?" he stuttered, eyes popping open in surprise.