1: The Day

Liz

I can't sleep at all. I've been closing my eyes for ages, and still, sleep never came. I need to be ready by five am because I reckon it's a three hour drive from here to Los Angeles and my mom said I should be the first in line. I'll be auditioning in a TV channel named, ETC. They said they were looking for a new actress that's why my mom thinks I should go and not miss the opportunity. The problem is that, acting isn't my thing. I have stage fright and I can't stand attentions on me. Not that I'm assuming I would be picked. 

Just saying. 

It was also my mom's dream to be an actress but she never auditioned or even try acting at school because she's bashful like me. My mom also claimed that I was good at acting back when I was a kid. I don't remember acting when I was a kid. But I do remember fake crying whenever my mom won't buy the things I want or fake sick whenever I'm too lazy to go to school. And the only reason behind this is that she doesn't want me to be like her and that we're broke. Not clearly broke though, but we need money.

"Honey, you awake?" I hear my mom called from downstairs. I sit up and now having second thoughts.

Isn't it just exciting? I didn't sleep at all! And now I'm going to drive for three hours straight and act. Jeez. 

My mom suddenly opens my door and lights.

"Hi honey, I see you're perfectly awake now. You better hurry because it's already five."  she smiles gently. 

I yawn, "Okay. Be ready in fifteen." 

  ❀ 

"Did you get gas yesterday?" Mom asks

"Oh shit I forgot!" 

"Don't swear in front of me." 

I can feel my mom glaring at me by my side. We are now in the middle of the road when suddenly my car is going utterly slow. 

"Uh... Mom?" 

"Pull it on the side!" Mom exclaims 

I pulled my car on the right side of the road and point the hazard button. I breathe heavily, scared to look at my mom knowing she would probably shout at my face.

"I told you to get gas."

Wait for it...

Okay, there's nothing.

"I'm sorry mom."

There was no anger in her voice. She doesn't look mad. She look disappointed. I know this opportunity for me to be an actress was big for her. The channel will choose between the first 50 people. First come, first serve basis. We still have tomorrow? Or a week. ETC will only look for the next big thing for only a week. 

I was about to call my aunt who lives near this place when suddenly, a car stopped behind us. I'm sure it's not the police or something...

The guy who I assume Oliver Williams, got out of his car and walk towards my window. 
I seriously don't know what to do as of this moment. Is he going to help? Well, probably. I knew him. He is from my school. One of the hottest boys I may add.
Gosh, what do I do now? I look like a potato and he is getting nearer and nearer...

He gently knocked on my window, being the clumsy me, I opened my door instead of my window, making him wince in pain.
Shit. I was too starstruck—oh what gives! I need to help him out. Now.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to—God, I'm sorry!" I say as I step out of my car. 

He held his hand, "I'm fine. No need to worry."