3: Heartstrings

In this very moment, I want to vanish. Completely. I hope there's always a pause button in everything I do. Darn it, I didn't even know I was shouting! What do I do now? 

Smile? No.

Wave? Of course not.

They stare at me for like a minute then go back to their eating. I didn't bother to move or anything, I bet they'll think of me of some crazy, creepy girl. I can't take this anymore so I pulled Ayessa's sleeve as we ran out of the ice cream parlor. We ran and ran until I found a park near our school. I look around to see if the coast is clear. 

It's clear.

"Okay... First of all... It's not my fault that..." she says between pants
"That I thought of him... as a hot guy.." 

"What? Stop saying he's hot for pete's sake! It irritates my ears!"

"He really is. Even if you won't admit it!"

"Whatever. So... you're thinking that it's my fault now, huh?"

"Changing the topic, I see." she smirks
"Well, duuuh I'm not the one who went shouting his name."

"Right." 

"Puberty hit him right."

I rolled my eyes at her, "This park is creepy. Look how empty it is. No people at all."

"Aren't you good at changing topics eh? Anyways, I need to be home by now."

"Me too."

"See ya tomorrow Liz Campbell."

I was about to struggle her but she already ran away. Guess I'll be walking by myself. I'd still walk by myself even though she's with me 'cause our house are from different directions. 

Psst.

I opened my phone and press shuffle on my playlist. The sun's still up but the chirping of birds and the cold wind gives me chills. You know the feeling when you're walking all by yourself and you feel like someone is following you? That's what I'm feeling right now. 

Psst.

I turn around and see nothing at all. I'm terrified as heck right now. I won't know if there'll be a killer in any moment. Or a ghost that'll pop in front of me. I turn my music high. I regret not bringing my earphones with me. 

I felt heat underneath my arm. I carefully turn my head and see a hand on my shoulder.

"AHHHH!" I scream

I closed my eyes and put my arms around me for defense.

"Please don't hurt me!" I beg

"Open your eyes first." the guy said

I opened my eyes and see Oliver smiling at me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I almost had a heart attack."

He laughs, "Sorry I just..." he continued laughing
"What are you even doing here alone?"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm walking home."

"But. In this pathway? Alone?"

"What do you care anyways? What brought you here?"

"Hey! Be grateful I'm walking with you. You could probably get raped or something if I didn't come now."

I blush, no one can shun his charms. "How did you find me?"

"Well I saw you walking that's why I followed you. Had practice earlier."

"Oh." 

Never in my wildest dreams have I thought to be walking beside Oliver Williams. I can't even believe he knew my name. I'm going to thank mom later for convincing me to go to Los Angeles and audition. Because if I did not, I would never ever meet Oliver. 

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." He shrug

"How did you know my name? I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm just curious."

He gulps, "Oh. Hey, do you live here?"

After our walking, I didn't recognize that we're now in my street.

"Uh, no. But I live in this street."

I was about to thank him when I hear a loud music coming from a car. Gosh, I always get distracted easily. The car stopped in front of us. I realized that the people from the car lives where we're standing at. People started coming out of the car and by people, I mean Jake's friends. Jake walks toward the door, followed by his friends. He look at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

Stop being naive Jake. You know what you did.

"Hey Liz, you okay?" Oliver asks, his eyes look concerned

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine." I smiled at him

"Good. I live at the other side of the street, is it okay to live you here—"

I cut him off, "Of course. Thank you though." 

"I'll just send you a message then?"

"Sure."

I hugged him, but I'm not sure if he hugged me back. I stood there as I watch him walk at the opposite direction.  

I started walking fast, fighting the urge to look back because I know Jake is still outside. Probably staring at me. I knew him so much that if he likes to talk to someone he would stare first. I smile as I reminisce all our memories. 

I now learned that people may come and go but memories will always stay. 

  ✿ ✿✿ 

A/N:
This chapter is short. Sorry bout that xx