Chapter 1

Hey, it's gabi. This is my first story and I know the first like, five chapters, are really boring but you have to give it a chance. I know you'll like it. Also, I loooove getting feedback even if it's down-right hate. So don't forget to comment down below :) [B T DUBS it has a biiiit of sexual content so....enjoy....I guess ;) ]

DONT FORGET TO VOTE

My mother grabbed the last box out of the moving van and set it on the porch. She let out a sigh of relief. I looked at her and smiled. Our new house was way bigger, way prettier, and so much more expensive. God, I love it.

My dad passed away many years ago, when I was seven. So its just me and my mom. Now I'm seventeen and just going into senior year. You see, I'm born in the summer so Im not going to be eighteen until I finish high school. I was still excited. I could finally tell people I'm a Senior. It sounds so sophisticated.

My mom walked over to me and put her hand on my shoulder. We both looked up at the house and she said, "Well, whatta you think?"

"I love it." I said with confidence. My mom smiled and let her hand slide down my arm and into mine. She started for the front door and I followed. When she opened the front door, it smelled like fresh paint and chemicals. I made a face and my mom laughed.

"I know, I know. It's a little smelly from the new paint job." She said.

We walked to the kitchen in silence and my mom pulled out a bunch of plates and mugs. She opened the cupboards and started to stack them on the shelves. I sat down at the counter and put my face into my hands. I was so tired.

"Everything alright?" My mom asked.

"Yeah I'm just tired." I said telling the truth.

"Are you sure this isn't about the move?"

"Nooooo. I promise." I said trying to sound reassuring. "And isn't it a little late to change my mind anyways?"

"It's never too late, sweetie."

I rolled my eyes. It was too late. She continued to stack the plates one by one.

"I'm going to miss my friends." I said.

"I know you are. But you'll make new ones here. I mean for god sakes it's California! We might even see a few celebrities."

"I don't want to meet celebrities. I want my friends. Like Molly."

"I know what will make you feel better. Lets go greet the neighbors! Maybe there's a girl your age."

"I doubt it."

"Oh stop it. Lets go. I made cookies to give out too."

"Cookies?"I asked sounding annoyed. "Mom, we don't have to greet them I'm sure they'll do it on there own time."

"We're going, now c'mon."

She went around the marble counter in the middle of our kitchen and grabbed the plate of cookies sitting by the door. She opened the screen door and waved her hand telling me to follow. I slowly walked over to the door and held it open. I took a step forward and it slammed shut causing me to jump.

"Hun, could you open the front door for me?" My mom said holding the large plate of cookies.

Without responding I twisted the knob and pushed the door open. I let her go ahead of me and then shut the door.

We both got to the end of our driveway and looked both ways.

"What do you think, left or right?" She asked me.