Chapter 7

An uncomfortable gurgling sound erupted from Katsumi's stomach as her brain received that question, but surprisingly, she lowered her hand from the door handle and turned her body towards Kakashi.

'What do you need?' She asked curiously

'Well, wouldn't you want to be filled in on the world from a more mature perspective of view?'

Deep down inside of Katsumi, she knew that she was secretly disappointed, but then, it got her wondering. Although him and his partner look like typical jounins in charge of a mission with a bunch of chunnins, Katsumi could tell that there was somewhat- special kind of bond that these jounins have with these children.

'Who are you to these children anyway? Your skills are much better than typical jounins, so how did you end up like this?'

Kakashi gave a deep chuckle. 

'Well, I used to be an anbu, but I quit, because of....well, personal reasons. And I'm the sensei and senpai of Naruto and his teammates'

Katsumi nodded understandingly, happy that this was the sensei of Naruto.

'Before I tell you about the village, why don't you go back to your normal self?' He suggested gravely.

Katsumi's eyes widened, but she was not surprised of his capabilities of seeing through her disguise.

She sighed, and snapped her fingers, her body figure and face turning back to her true form. But then, she took off the hair ties, letting go of her long, brown and silky hair with strong tints of purple flowing all the way down to her butt.

'I'm sorry, but that was for safety purposes' She said, not entirely telling the truth.

'Why don't you tell me everything?' Kakashi mused, his sharingan seeing through her.

'I shouldn't have lowered my defenses so easily' She muttered, now building up strong, unbreakable walls around her mind.

'Fine, I don't like the way I look. I think I look pretty innocent, powerless  and stupid-looking, happy?' She snapped, surprised that she confined her deep personal insecurities to someone that she just met hours ago.

'Well....I think you look stunning' Kakashi blabbered out.

Well, it was no surprise, Kakashi had fallen head-over-heels for Katsumi knowingly. Just seeing her in her true form, and her personality peeking through, just intrigued him even more.

Katsumi looked at him with a blank expression, feeling blood rising to her plump cheeks. This was the first time that a guy had every complimented on her appearance before, and she hadn't expect the feeling to be that....pleasant.

She muttered an audible 'thank you' and pressed him to return to the original subject, and he did so. Kakashi started off with the death of the third hokage, progressing to the things that the anbus were doing, adding little things about Naruto's mental and physical growth here and there, and the worst, Pein's attack on the village. Kakashi described the chaos, battles and it's effects on the village and the people (especially the hokage) so accurately that Katsumi could be able to picture it clearly in her head.

Katsumi's expression was unreadable and looks like that she didn't seem to care, but inside, it was a lot to take. After Kakashi finished, Katsumi's fist was clenched and the rage in her eyes showed.

'We leave first thing in the morning' She growled.