Contact

Light blue from her phone reflected off her skin and glasses when she looked up at me. The house I had visited for so much in my life ironically felt emotionally distant from myself. It was as if I entered a completely alien setting in the middle of a different world. She stood up very softly trying to not awake the couple on the floor and began to get ready to sleep.

My phone lit up when I plugged it in to the wall which only influenced a nervous habit of mine to check all of my social media to I guess escape and calm down. After a small break and preparation of my mind to future events I put the device down. Mirrored next to me she did the same which confirmed how alike we were. The dimmed lights around us set an oddly romantic mood that I disliked because this was more than that to me. This was the meeting of two dragon spirits flying together in the night sky. To me she wasn't just some one night stand but my other half. This was just the beginning of our story down a long road together.

I was the first to lay down since I believed it were only natural to act as her pillow so she may sleep comfortably while I bare the pain the odd portions of the couch created. She turned around to me after taking off her glasses and like a complex puzzle entangled her body against mine. Together we pulled the blanket over us and for a brief moment made minor shifts to further comfort until satisfied. It was then when my perceptions dove off the hill and I was no longer in full control of myself.

Our legs wrapped around like snakes in between each other and immediately locked in a secure position. Her head rested on my chest and her arms wrapped around me like she fully trusted me. I too wrapped my arms over her which reminded me of a bald eagle taking care of its prized possession. My chin rested on the top of hers carefully which opened my nostrils to the sweet intoxicating smell of her curly hair. I closed my eyes to fully experience our current position.

Our body heat radiated from each other and the soft delicate air she exhaled played a quiet tune of comfort. I was possessed by the sweet smell of her shampoo that rose up and filled my soul. My heart grew louder and louder and I began afraid that she would notice which only made it speed up. I could hear my heart amidst all the silence and could only enjoy the nirvana I was in. "Are you okay?". I whispered noticing she was still awake. I got a small nod and soon both of our breathing slowed down. The rhythm of my heart beat and the warmth from her body began to haze away and my mind fell into a deep sleep.