Nervous Texan - JJ Watt for Monica

So sorry this is late! I have so much hw ugh, I hope someone can feel relatable!
~~~~~~~~~~

"Monica! Hurry up! We'll be late!" your boyfriend JJ shouted up the stairs. You were finishing some work that you needed to have in by tomorrow. Today you and JJ were going to meet up and have dinner with your parents.
"Down in a sec!" You shut down your laptop and rushed downstairs. He opened the car door for you. On the way there, you could sense that JJ was a little tense.
"Last time I met your parents your parents didn't really like me," he said softly.
"They loved you JJ, they really did. My parents are protective, trust me, they do that to all of my boyfriends," you assured him. He didn't respond.

You met your parents at a semi-fancy restaurant. The table was filled with laughs and stories about childhood memories. You looked over at JJ who seemed to have a good time.
"So JJ, what do you think about the team this year? Think they'll make the big game?" Your dad asked.
"I an confident. Last year was big momentum making the playoffs."
"I think so too, Dad," you said in support of JJ. He smiled at you.
"Wow, dedication. You know what? We just might stop by Houston to watch you guys," your dad chuckled. "Monica, you're rubbing off on me."
"Thanks dad, call us if you need anything," you laughed.

The dinner went smoothly. JJ didn't seem as tense as he was earlier.
"Bye Mom! Bye Dad! Talk to you soon!" You said as you two left the restaurant afterward.
"See? Wasn't that bad wasn't it?" You joked.
"No sir," he said as he did his regular routine of opening the door for you. On the way home, you rested your head back on the seat.
"Tired?" He asked.
"Very," you yawned. The car drive was relaxing the rest of the way and you dozed off.
~~~~~~~~~