Demeanor

~Taz's P.O.V~

After a while of sleep I woke up with a heavy feeling on my arm. My eyes came in to focus and I realized it was Yasmine. That had got me thinkin' bout what had happened not too long ago and I began to smile.

Her pussy was fuckin' tight and amazing. That's the kind every nigga want and I damn sure don't want nobody else hittin' it so she can be all loose and shit. Nah. She's mine now.

I slowly got up and pushed her off my arm, careful not to wake her. I put on my clothes and grabbed a pen and paper. I wrote a small note for her and left out the door.

I have a surprise for her tonight.

~Yasmine's P.O.V~

I woke up to a dark room only to find myself alone and naked. Then it dawned on me of what happened not too long ago. I got up to turn on the light and looked for my clothes. Just as I had pulled up my pants, I noticed that there was a small note on the bed. I picked it up and it read "Get out of my house when you put your clothes on, -Taz"

"What the fuck?!" I said aloud to myself.

That pissed me off beyond my mind. He thinks he can have sex with me and then kick me out like I'm nothing?!  The thought brought tears to my eyes as I put my head down in shame. I felt completely disrespected and the tears began to flow more rapidly.

I ran down the stairs and walked out the door slamming it shut. I saw outside that there was a taxi waiting outside his house; must've been here waiting on me. I got in the car and wiped the tears streaming from my face.

"Where ya headed to?" the chubby hispanic looking man asked me.

"Westbury apartments," I said softly

"Okay," he said, and with that he began driving.

As soon as he reached my house, I remembered I didn't have any money on me. 

"Uhm, I'm sorry I don't have any money,"

"Oh that's okay, the man already paid me so you're fine," he smiled

"Oh okay thank you," I half smiled

"No problem," he said as I got out the car.

I walked up to my room and unlocked the door. As soon as I opened the door, a pair of arms quickly wrapped around me picking me up off the floor. I couldn't see so I immediately started kicking and screaming.

The arms dropped me and the person immediately went for the lights. It was Taz with a crazed look on his face.

"Damn girl what the hell is wrong with you?" he raised his eyebrows

"What's wrong with me??!!" I yelled "No what's wrong with you?! First you kick me out your house after you had sex with me and then you show up in my apartment?! Get the fuck out of my life Taz!" 

"What the fuck you talkin' about? I planned something for you so calm yo ass down aight?" he raised his eyebrows.

"No Taz, I don't have any more time for your so called 'plans' okay?" I tried to push past him to go to my bedroom, but he grabbed me.

"Look, we gonna do what I had planned for us ta' do. So please shut the hell up damn. Always fucking complainin." He rolled is his eyes as he let go of my arm.

"You really need to stop grabbing me," I said as I rubbed my arm

"You really need ta' stop walking away," He replied sarcastically

"Smart ass," I mumbled underneath my breath.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had already left my apartment and were on the way to the store, so he told me. He wanted me to pick out all the makeup that I could possibly want; or that we could carry.

"You know... I don't even do my makeup like that for me to be picking out all of this stuff," I said as I scanned over the rows of lipsticks with many different variations of colors.

"Well you need to start, cuz I got a rep ta' uphold" He scoffed

"And what rep is that?" 

"That all my bitches is bad, the fuck" He smirked 

"So that's what I am now huh?! One of your little bitches," I yelled as I pushed the bag of makeup that I was carrying into his chest. "When are you gonna learn to respect me Taz? I can't work with you if you constantly disrespect me man," I stared in his eyes while I folded my arms. He looked away from me and down at the floor as if he was thinking hard. But he shook his head and gave me a half smile.

"Look Yas, you need to grow some thick skin. If you keep that attitude up like everybody gotta treat you a certain way, muthafuckas will eat yo little ass up in these streets. At the end of the day nobody is gonna give a fuck about you or ya feelin's unless you prove to them that you deserve respect. Stop walking around with that chip on ya shoulder ma. We not in the fuckin waffle house no more." 

He gave me back my bag and raised his eyebrows to confirm what he just said. 

"You ready to check out now?" He asked, changing his tone.

"Uhh.. yeah. I'm ready," I spoke softly, a little shaken up by what he said to me.

The whole car ride home I kept thinking about what he said to me, and I kept dawning on the fact that he was right. I've always been fragile even before my parents had died. Even after they had died I'd purposely surround myself with nothing but close people who treated me like they did, but I had gotten myself into a whole new ball park without the skills I needed to protect myself. And by the way Taz treats me now, I can tell it only gets worse from here.

"Yasmine," Taz said snapping me from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I looked around to find the car parked in front of my apartment.

"Doin some thinking I see," He smiled and got out of the car making his way to my side.

He opened the door and I climbed out and scratched my head.

"Yeah, and I'm a little tired" I yawned.

"Still?!" He laughed "I left you in the bed for hours girl," He smiled and made his way up into my house. That made me rethink about what had happened previously today. Something that had been bothering me since I woke up.

"Uhm, about that. That was only a one time thing right?" I asked hoping for him to say yes.

He stopped and looked me in my eyes for a split second. "Maybe,"

I wasn't satisfied with that answer but I didn't want to ask him about it anymore.

"Okay so now that I got all this makeup, where the hell am I supposed to put it?" I said changing the subject.

"I'm glad you asked," he said leading me to my room. He turned on the light and to my surprise, there was a beautiful pink, jewel encrusted vanity already set up with drawers, shelves, and bright lights. My jaw was on the floor. 

"Oh my fucking God Taz!" I screamed in amazement. I walked over to the vanity to feel the jewels and the smooth painted mahogany wood. "This is fucking amazing Taz. I cannot thank you enough."

"Consider it as a benefit of being my partner. Now you ain't gotta get dressed in the stripper locker rooms if you don't want to." He smiled. "Oh and by the way I think you should get set up soon cuz we gotta get a couple days worth of practice in before your first day this Saturday." He said as he was leaving out the door.

"Wait what??" I followed him. "A couple days, I'm not going to be ready by then Taz." I pleaded

"Well I don't know what to tell you, you better shape up fast cuz I ain't got time to be wasting. I'mma pick you up after work tomorrow aight. My time is money baby." He said as he left out the door.

I heard the sound of his car pulling out of the lot and fading off into the distance. I changed my clothes into my night gown and laid in my bed. I stared at the ceiling and went into deep thought before falling asleep. I only have a couple days to be leave the old Yasmine behind.