Family

- I heard you the first thousand times, father! - I yell at my dad cause he's giving me the same old speech about not going out alone and I know how to defend myself. For Christ sake, I was born in this fucked up world. My mother died so that I could live. - Judith, I'm not kidding, next time take Liam with you or even Daryl, please - Rick is deadly serious when it comes to her baby girl as he still calls me. I can see he's staring at me with those beautiful blue eyes and I nod - Fine, whatever gets you through the night, Grimes! - I joke and he throws me a napkin at me laughing - You are my baby girl, Judith... If something happens to you... - He stops and Carl enters to end his sentence - I would never forget myself - He mocks our father brilliantly and we just laugh - I survived this but trust me, you two are going to be the end of me! - Rick shakes his head and holds Carl's arm - I told you to keep an eye on your sister... she went out alone again- He says and Carl gives me his "I will kill you and let you turn" look and I stick my tongue out - I've been keeping my two eyes on her since she was born - Carl growls and I grin widely - Big brother's job? - And he gives me the finger when Rick turns around.

I am used to refer to him as Rick in front of the others because I don't want to be a shadow of Rick Grimes for ever. It's not that I'm not proud of my old man. He and uncle Daryl brought us so far. Despite everything, the world is now worst than before. I heard so many stories about the gang when I was a baby. Mainly I memorized them because everyone has their own version. We settled down in a building. They made it perfectly safe and sound proof so we have pretty much what we need in the state we are. Sometimes when I'm out there, I cross path with real people. "It's people you have to be careful about" according to my father's words but I try to believe in people. Aunt Beth made sure I do though uncle Daryl is not that cheerful. Maggie raised Liam alone after Glenn died or to be more precisely was killed in front of her by Negan. I was in diapers but that name still makes me angry. There is no much left from the old ones... just Maggie, Daryl, Beth, Carl and Enid, Carol, Michonne (that I am 90% she has something with Rick) and Sasha that is married to Abraham. Rosita is here too but she lost sight after being torture by that man.

Liam is my best friend. We were raised together though I'm a little bit older. And Ezra is the son of Daryl and Beth but he's not friendly like Liam. They were born months apart but they are also worlds apart. I guess Ezra has his father's temper when he was young cause uncle Daryl is pretty cool now. Alana is his twin sister. She's just like Beth, sweet and gorgeous. I think Ezra's weak spot is Alana. I can't figure him out because he avoids me mainly. Anyways, I am waiting for the night to fall so I can sneak out and go to my favorite place.

I slowly take my knife, a gift from Carol, and it has my initials on it. I am a fucking ninja, after all, uncle Daryl taught me a lot and I am a Grimes, duh. Five minutes later I'm sitting on the top of the roof and the view is like a Picasso painting. Down, it's walkers and screams but if you stare into the sky, the stars take your breath away. That's when I believe maybe someday this will end for good. I close my eyes and feel the breeze on my face... I smile until I hear a noise behind me. I turn quickly around slipping and before I find myself falling from the top of the building, a hand grabs mine but still I cannot hold on to it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

New characters will appear as it is a free wild run... Join Judith in her journey to find some humanity in a world lost and torn apart.

X

M