Wuthering Heights: A SwaRon Drama

"Can the dance team kindly come over to the VP sir's cabin?" the announcer announced startling the team who sat dozing off during a boring lecture. Confused initially, they looked at each other, and then realizing they get to bunk the lecture, they grinned and looked at the teacher, who gave the "Can I stop you" look and nodded his head. Quickly snapping their books shut and murmuring their "Thank you sir"s they left, whispering excitedly. Only one person didn't take part in the conversation. One person, who hadn't smiled properly in months. One person who had a grimace as she walked robotically behind her team. Behind him, whom she had taken for granted. She saw him and sighed, yet again losing herself in their thoughts. Their blissful love life that had come to an end because of her gutless behaviour.

"Ah good....." the vp exhaled in relief, looking at the team. "Sir kya hua...any problem?" Rey asked. "Actually...yes, bahot hi bada problem hai college ki reputation ke liye" he said worried. "Aisa kya problem hai sir" Vicky piped up wondering why were they called. "As you all know, humare college ki dramatics team, are in Delhi for the national drama championships...." the vp paused for breath. "Yeah..." Rey said cautiously. "Yes sir." the vp corrected him and continued, "So, there is a drama fest coming up this week, hosted by KR college" he paused to see the reaction. The gang looked clueless. "But what are we supposed to do?" Swayam asked finally. "Well let me finish then, KR college is hosting a drama fest, and they want our college to participate, and since our drama team is not here, I want you all to take it up, and yes one more condition, you'll have to work with a KR college student...and the one picked for ours is...well see for yourselves" the vp shrugged and motioned at the entrance. Shivam entered smirking like he did. "Hey guys" he greeted.

The boys knew the truth, whereas the girls didn't. Sharon looked at Swayam warily, afraid of his reaction. "Hi" Swayam greeted him back, extending his arm for a handshake and pulling into a tiny hug like the boys always did. He smiled. He smiled. He shook his hand. He hugged him. Sharon watched this in shock, her eyes flew open in shock. Swayam who hated Shivam of what he had done to her. Swayam who didn't like shivam, who was uncomfortable with him, coz of her. 'Does this really mean he's moved on?' her heart questioned. 'Yes he has' her mind answered. "I will move on...I'm breaking up with you Sharon....agar koi right ladki aayi tho haan, doonga mein usko ek fair chance" his voice boomed again in her ears. Unable to stand there anymore, she left after muttering"excuse me". Her hands brushing against her cheeks furiously. Swayam saw her go, a part of him still wanted to go with her, but his mind stopped him. "Its over now Swayam, don't go after her" he listened and stayed. His face betraying nothing. Simmi who knew everything thought Sharon needed sometime alone and stayed back. While the gang looked taken aback at sharon's reaction. "Well then, so will you guys do this to save the college's rep?" the vp asked. They looked at each other uncertainly. And then shrugging they agreed and left to the rehearsal hall to discuss.

Sharon entered after a while, her eyes a bit red around the corners. She looked tired and weak. The gang yelled a hi and wondered where she'd gone. She hastily made up a story and diverted their attention to the drama. "Ok so script we have, now audition?" Rey asked looking around at the gang. "Audition karein tho hum time waste karenge, I think its better to vote" shivam said. "Vote? For the leads? I think Swayam will be perfect for Heathcliff's role, and he's the smartest of the lot...so he'll have no problems remembering dialogues." Rey said thoughtfully. The other boys jumped excitedly and agreed with Rey, partly because they didn't want to be the leads. The girls also vouched in Swayam's favour and Swayam had no other option than to accept the role. "Female lead?" shivam asked. "Agar Swayam lead hai, tho obviously its Sharon" Simmi said. "Haan kyunki Sharon Swayam ki dance partner hai, aur chemistry bhi achi hai" rinni added very seriously. The guys did their signature chemistry, while Swayam gave rinni a cold stare. "Perfect. Waise bhi, both make a good couple, so teek hai, Sharon it is" Shivam said and went on to discuss the other roles. Sharon looked warily at Swayam, he looked back at her his expression stern and cold unlike the one he'd given any of the others. He then turned back to the discussion. "Can we do a musical drama and not an actual drama?" Swayam asked Shivam. "Woah, kya idea hai bhai...i guess so, wo bhi ek type of drama hi tho hai" he said. Rey thumped Swayam on his back. The characters were picked, and the script they already had. They were doing a musical drama on the classic "Wuthering Heights" by Emily brontë.