Chapter 4 (Picture of Logan)

- Chapter 4 (Picture of Logan) -

Lauren's POV

Today is Jace's twentyth birthday.
I'm two months pregnant.
In two weeks is my doctor appointment and hopefully Jace will come with me. The military plane should be landing any minute now. As much as I really want to see Jace, I want to see my older brother the most. He's my favourite person the person who I love the most.

I then see several men and women walk through the door as their loved ones greet them. Some of them are injured and some are perfectly fine.

"I see them! Both of them!" Reagan squeals. I look where's she's looking and see Logan and Jace.

We go to them. Jace hugs his parents but Logan ignores everyone and goes straight to me. He hugs me tightly. "I missed you, and I love you."

"I missed you and I love you," I say.

"I know about you and Jace." I freeze. "It's okay, as long as he doesn't steal you from me and if you don't steal him."

"I won't."

I pull away and I go see Jace who quickly hugs me. My nose fills with his axe or "his scent"... I've always loved the way he smelled. I smile and I can feel his smile on his lips. We pull away from each other after a while and he kisses me passionately. I kiss back and our lips move in perfect sync. I feel bolts running through my body as he kisses me. It's just like the beginning of the best night of my life.

We pull away breathless. The memory hits me suddenly and I smile. "Happy twentyth birthday."

He grins. "Thank you. Actually, you're the first person to say that to me."

Jace looks at Logan, I look at my brother and he shrugs. "In all fairness, it's one thirty a.m."

"It is?" Jace asks in confusion.

It is? It is. How am I not tired in the slightest bit? Weird. I need to get some sleep because I know I won't get any when our baby learns how to kick and makes her sleeping hours.

"Let's all go and get some sleep so we're not half asleep for Jace's birthday dinner. And I think there's a gift that you're really going to like," Reagan says.

I'm a little nervous to tell the boys because anything can happen. My phone goes off, tell them I'll be back, go into the girls washroom and pull out my phone to see who's calling me. It's my dad... I haven't spoken to him in eight years. But I pick it up anyway. "What do you want, father?"

"Can you bail me out of jail?" he asks.

My eyes widen. "What? No! After what you did to me and my family? Why would I? And why are you in jail?"

"None of your business. Bail me out."

"No." I hang up. After I do, I think, did I do the right thing? I don't know. I put my phone away, walk out of the bathroom and walk to the others. But a wave of nausea hits me and I stop in my tracks. They look at me with concern. I quickly turn around and run into the bathroom. I run into a stall, fall on my butt and throw up in a toilet.

As I'm throwing up, I feel someone pull my hair back and stroke my back. After I'm done, she hands me toilet paper, I clean myself up and flush the toilet.

"Are you okay now?" Reagan asks.

"Yeah, now I am," I say and I smile at her. "No offense, but I kind of expected my mom to come after me. Not you."

She smiles. "None taken. I told her that I wanted to check on my future daughter - in - law."

I narrow my eyes at her and she rolls her eyes, grinning. "You know I'm right and everyone knows it. My son will propose to you, not just because you have a baby together. Because you are his true love."

"Wow. Which cheesy romance movie did you get that from?"

"Wow. I'd hate to see you when you just experienced a mood swing."

"Hey!" I laugh and playfully hit her arm and she grins.

"We should go before everyone starts coming in."

I nod. We leave the bathroom and see all of them waiting there. Which is embarrassing for me. And they all know very well how much I like to be embarrassed --- hint sarcasm.

"Okay, let's get going," my mom says.

- - -

I wake up on my bed and check the time. It's five p.m. I hop out of bed quickly and go downstairs. My mom, Jace's parents, Sophia's parents, Sophia and Jace are sitting at the dining room table talking.

"Okay, I'm going to wake him up," my mom says, referring to my brother, her son. "He got sixteen hours."

My mom starts to go up but Jace hands her a cup of water with ice cubes floating at the top. "That's the only way."

My mom goes upstairs and I count down. "Three, two, one..."

Logan screams and I smile. Logan and mom come downstairs a few minutes later. Mom looking pleased and him looking awake and trying to control his anger. Reagan and Rick set up dinner which is Jace's favourite: cream soda --- from the kid in him --- and whine for our parents, mac and cheese and for dessert sucre à la crème and vanilla ice cream.

My mouth waters just looking at all of the delicious food. We finish the two bottles of cream soda and they finish the two bottles of whine, we finish the two pans of mac and cheese, container of sucre à la crème and ice cream. I'm pretty sure everyone is stuffed and can't move a muscle.

Sophia leans toward me and places her mouth near my ear. "Tell Logan and Jace about you being pregnant."

"Now?" I ask.

"Yeah."

She pulls away from me and Reagan looks at me. "Okay, Lauren first."

"What?" I ask.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"Oh yeah."

Here it goes.

A/N:

Cliffhanger... What do you think will happen? How will Logan react? How will Jace react?

How was chapter 4? Please comment your opinions and suggestions on what should happen next.