1

Chris POV

I grabbed a sandwich from the basket and split it for me and my 8 year old sister. I was only 14 and it was just us. My mom died cause she kept feeding us. My dad took all our money and me and my little sister was all alone.

I saw her chow down her half steak burger with her dirty hands and her stained clothes like me. We was in an apartment complex our aunt apartment. She said we can stay there. She went to Florida and is not coming back until a year.

She already was in Florida when we came and told us there was a key under the carpet. It was April 21st that day and now it is October 23.

We had bread and a few dollars to go to McDonald across the street. We had sheets so we was warm a little. "You need some fresh air?" I ask. My sister nodded.

I help her put on her white well grey brown boots and small yellow jacket. I put on my sneakers and orange jacket. We walked outside around the complex.

We reached the back and we heard whimpering. A girl whimpering. "Shut the fuck up." A grown man voice boomed through the valley. I put my sister behind a dumpster and I picked up a sharp glass.

I walked behind him the girl eyes was covered and I stabbed him he turned around but I knocked him unconscious. I ran over to the girl looking about my age.

"Are you okay." I asked. Whoa! This girl had curves! She must be 16. "Thank you." She wrapped her arms around my neck. "You welcome." I said awkwardly. She let go and did what people call check me out.

"What's your name?" She asked. "Chris and yours?" I scratch the back of my neck. "Kristina." She looked behind me and I felt someone hug me. "And this is Carly." Carly hugged Kristina.

"Sorry about that she hugs everyone." I pulled Carly off of her. "Oh you guys are the kids people been talking about." I was confused.

"Huh?" We started to walk back to our apartment. "Um you guys are poor?" She asked. I sucked my teeth. "What the hell kinda question is that and yes we are and we will just be leaving."

I started to walk but then she tapped my shoulder. "I'm kinda in your situation. That bastard back there killed my parents. Do you guys know a good place I could stake out for the time being." She asked. Her tears were dried out.

"You can come with us." My sister answered. "Thank you and I'm sorry about earlier I didn't mean to come off like that." She was talking to me. "Follow me." We lead her to our door and I closed the door behind us.

She had lots of food in her back pack. She gave my sister French fries and me as well. She ate a few too. "How old are you?" I ask swallowing my food. "I'm 14 same age as you." I nodded. She was quite a beauty.

My sister was freezing and Kristina pulled out a think blanket and wrapped it around her. "Are you tired?" Kristina asked. Carly nodded.

Kristina picked up Carly bridal style and put her into bed. She came back out with me. "She is very beautiful and your very handsome." I blushed.

"Your very Beautiful." She smiled. "Thank you." She blushed. She stood to brush off her blue and yellow checkered skirt.

"I'm tired I'm gonna just lay on the couch." Kristina stretched out on the couch and doze off to sleep. I closed her bag and set it off to the side and went into the room with my sister. I watched wrestle on my phone but put in headphones so she wouldn't hear.

(An hour later)

I went to go get a blanket and I heard a whimper from the living room it was Kristina. I gave her the blanket I was going to use and wrapped it around her body and she stopped shivering and whimpering.

I turned around and was stopped by a hand. "Thank you." She whispered. "You welcome." I whispered. I just met her and we are practically flirting. I sat on the other couch and curled up into a ball but eventually fell asleep.

Picture of kids at the top!! ☝👆