June 8th , 2015

•Omniscient•

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you." The Green family sang to the oldest Green sibling Michael. Today was his birthday and the Green siblings threw him a surprise birthday party. It was June eighth, a bright, sunny summer day in Los Angeles, California. Michael's wife, Kehlani Green, held the cake as the family continued to sing.

"Happy birthday dear Michael. Happy birthday to youuuu." Everyone started clapping and shouting as Michael stood there surprised. He was not expecting for his family to throw him a party, especially since he thought everyone had forgot.

"Daddy ca' bwow cannles?" Michael's two year old daughter, Macyah, asked. She was the true definition of a daddy's girl. What ever her mom said no to, her dad would say yes to. Macyah knew how to work her parents against each other which always caused Michael and Kehlani to argue.

"Go ahead baby girl." Michael lifted her up to blow the candles out. Being that she was still little, Michael assisted her in blowing them out. Everyone awed at the father, daughter moment. After he put Macyah down, he turned to his wife and kissed her.

"Who's idea was this?" He looked at his wife then to his brothers and sister. His little sister, the youngest of the Green siblings Paidyn, spoke up.

"It was me, the twins, Khalil, Jayceon, and Kehlani's idea. Me and Lani did all the planning, the twins picked everything up, and Jayce and Khalil kept you away from the house so we could set up." She said cheesing.

Michael couldn't do anything but shake his head. He honestly thought everyone forgot about his birthday and it hurt him, especially because Kehlani didn't tell him happy birthday that morning. Even though Michael portrayed himself as a big, tough guy to the outside world, he was a big softy around his family.

Kehlani walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, looking up at him. "You really thought I forgot about your birthday huh?" She was no fool. She could see the hurt look on his face when he left the house that morning.

•Michael•

I chuckled lightly and nodded.

"Never." She leaned up and I met her half way, kissing her lips . As everyone awed and cheered we broke apart and laughed.

I picked up my baby girl Macyah and began to speak.

"Thank you all for this. I honestly thought you all forgot my birthday and seeing you all throw this party made me feel kinda guilty." I nervously chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck causing my family to laugh. I smiled looking around at everyone. There wasn't to many people I could call my friends.  All I had was my siblings and their little families.

"Mommy can we swim now?" Jalyssa, my niece, asked her mom impatiently. I chuckled as Jasmine gave her a look. My little brother Rashad and the mother of his child, Jasmine, were always off and on with each other, but that was none of my business. As long as my niece is happy, that's all that matters.

"Yeah, Lyssa's right. Since Paidyn FINALLY got her pool cleaned we can swim in it," Khalil exaggerated causing everyone to laugh but Paidyn.

"My pool is always clean." She lied, rolling her eyes. Everyone quieted down looking at her. Paidyn looked at us and then towards the pool.

"Okay, maybe not all the time." She rolled her eyes and quickly walked away. We all busted out laughing, going inside along with her. I guess I didn't notice everyone had brought a bag of clothes with them but me.

"Uh bab-" Kehlani cut me off by handing me my trunks. I smiled and pecked her lips and set Macyah down to walk. Me, Kehlani, and Macyah took the guest room upstairs to change into our swim suits while the rest of the crew chose different places of Paidyn's huge house to change.