Who am i?

Silence.

That's all there is in this large house. That's the only thing to greet you in the mornings. Parents? Dead. Siblings? Dead. Anyone? No one. You're all alone, in this great big house.

Every morning you wake up, clean up, and dress up. It has become like clockwork. The only variety in your life, other than school, comes from your neighbours, the Dursleys. Well, them and a certain unfinished task.

After school, you walked home with Dudley. When the two of you arrived you entered the kitchen of the Dursleys house to find a certain boy about half a year older than you making dinner for the Dursleys.

"Hey Harry, need any help?"

"He can do that on his own. And you don't have enough time for that, you said you'd play with me!" Dudley whined.

"Ok, how about we both help Harry, together, then we can all play after dinner. I'll even try to convince your mum to let both of you stay up longer." Mrs Dursley really liked you, you were like a daughter to her.

"Fine. What are we making."

"I don't know. Harry?"

"I'm making a steak for dinner. All that needs to be done is the rice."

"We're on it! Dudley!"

"Yes!"

"We're going to wash our hands then you'll get the rice cooker and I'll get the rice!"

"Yes ma'am!"

You two scrambled to get what was necessary while Harry was rolling his eyes. He loved how lively you were, and how you could put a smile on anyone's face, even Dudley's.

"All items gathered now what general y/n!"

"Good work Sargent! Now let's get cooking!"

You two made the rice and it was time for dinner. You all sat at the table, except for Harry who ate bread in the kitchen. As you made polite conversation with the Dursleys a subject that you rather not talk about came up.

"You know, y/n, why don't you move in with us. You can sell that large house of yours. You could use the money, How do you even feed yourself when you don't have a job." Mrs Dursley said.

"Thank you for the offer, but as I've said many times before, the house was my family's. It's already paid off and I have an anonymous supporter for bills and food so there is absolutely no need to worry."

"If you say so." Mr Dursley said.

"If you'll excuse me, I would like to go put away my dish." You said politely.

"Yes, yes, thank you dear."

You walked into the kitchen and saw Harry eating a piece of bread, so you decided to talk to him.

"Hey, Harry. How was your last day of school?"

"Terrible, your's?"

"Perfectly miserable. But I'm sure next year will be much better for the both of us!"

"I doubt it."

"You never know." You smirked knowing what's to come.

^~^ Time Skip ^~^

Your summer went on as usual until one morning you got a letter. The Hogwarts letter you were waiting for. Don't get me wrong, you loved the muggle world but sometimes it would get boring. And lonely. You've only ever had two friends, and you've never met any of your family before. You don't have any memory of them, well, you do have one.

•.• flashback •.•

You were very young. You sat there in front of a gravestone. You didn't know how you knew, but you did. You knew who the gravestone belonged to. You knew nothing else. Only loss. Only pain. Only heartache.

You sat there but couldn't cry over the grave of your mother. Despite all of the pain, you felt no tears wold fall. After a while, you noticed the gravestone next to hers. And you knew who it belonged to. It belonged to your father. You just stayed there in morning, listening to the sound of rain hitting the ground. Were your parents so important that even the clouds cry for them? Or were they crying for you? Were they shedding their tears because you couldn't? You don't know. You don't know anything. Just one phrase.

I am y/n.