Chapter 2

I rushed to my locker before any of my friends could try to speak to me. I just wanted to get to literature.

When I grabbed my books I closed my locker and headed down the hall.

"Stop please!" I heard a faint voice say.

It was coming from the middle of a group of jocks surrounding someone. But not just any some one. Marcel.

I rushed over to see them all taking turns on him like some kind of sick game.

"Lay off of him he has just as much of a right to be here as you!" I scream and push through the jocks to help marcel up.

"Why are you defending the nerd?" Trevor asks.

"Because he doesn't deserve this now get out of our way." I spit through gritted teeth.

I pull marcel through the group of cave men, inspecting his bruises and cuts. The one that stood out was the bulging black blue and purple mark under his left eye.

"Marcel who did THIS to you?" I ask pointing to the injury.

He mumbled out something I couldn't understand.

"What?" I ask

"M-Mybrother." He says barely audible

"Ugh that jerk, why is he so mean to you? You're his brother!" I exclaim.

"He's popular and I'm not, it's pretty simple."

"Actually it's pretty stupid. I'm really sorry they did that to you." I say soothingly.

"Thanks." He smiles.

I love his smile. It's always so bright no matter how many times he's beaten or bullied. And his eyes always sparkle and he's just so handsome. Wait what? Did I just say I find Marcel handsome? Well now that I think about it he wouldn't be so bad without the glasses he would actually be quite datable. Oh my god what am I saying I'm dating his brother! Well who just happens to be a humungous jerk to everyone. And marcel is so sweet and-

"Thinking about something?" Marcel chuckles interrupting my thoughts.

"No, no just uh kinda staring off into space that's all. Anyway do you want to walk to literature with me?" I ask changing the subject.

"Won't you get made fun if for walking with me?"

"I couldn't care less about what all these brainless jocks and cheerleaders think, plus at the snap of my fingers I could ruin them so..." I chuckle out

"O-okay sure it will be nice to have someone to talk to."

"Great lets go!" I chirp

On our way to literature we heard things like ' look the nerd has a body guard!' And ' why are you so close to marcel?' And the most famous ' ew, whys she with HIM?'

I could tell it got to marcel but I kept telling him to ignore it. We reached the door to our literature class and walked in.

"T-thanks for walking with me." Marcel said shyly.

"No problem hon." I said making my way to my seat.

I really do feel bad for him. He's so sweet and funny and he deserves for people to see that. But I guess I'm the only one who gives him the chance to show me.