Chapter 3: Worst best day

Ivy was hugging the door as she looked at Jazper, he was looking at the steering wheel.
"What is his motive for bringing me out here. I should have listened to dad.. Never get into a guys car, even if you know him. That's when they get you."

The panic raised in her chest as he finally look at her, his face was bright red. Wait,was he...blushing?
"Ivy... I have something I need to tell you..." He rubbed the back of his neck with unease.
Ivy just stared at him as he continued his red cheeks darkening.
"I had a reason on bringing you here-"

Ivy shrieked cutting him off,"I knew it you are going to kidnap me!" She tried opening the door but it was locked.
Jasper's jaw dropped for a moment then he started laughing.
Ivy stopped fiddling with the door and crossed her arms, " This isn't funny Jazper, why did you bring me here then?" Her panic subsiding.
He wiped a tear from his eye then he became serious, "Ivs, I brought you here to ask you to be my girlfriend. "
Ivy sat there staring at him, shock settling in her stomach. She barely moved into town a year ago and met Jazper a few weeks later. She thought he was cute, sweet, and funny. She never thought he'd ask her out, she had always liked him but never thought of him feeling the same way. She just sat there staring.

"Ivy, hello, earth to Ivy."
He waved a hand in front of her face, she must have zoned out. Oops.
"Jazper are you being serious right now? You better not be pulling a prank on me." She knew her face was turning pink. He half smiled, "I'm being serious, I've been wanting to ask for a while now but you got busy studying after school so I figured I'd take you away from school.."

She smiled as she saw a look on his face that made her heart do back flips. Ivy looked at him and said, " Ok. I'll be your girlfriend. Took you long enough to ask."

A light shined in his eyes like nothing she had ever seen, then he moved in close to her and, just like that he kissed her.
The kiss was warm just like his smile, she kissed him back and in a split second she felt all the stress of school and parents slipped away and all was left was her and him left in the world.

As they finally pulled away from each other they realized they had to get back to school. Her hand playing with his hair as he sang along to the radio. Ivy couldn't stop smiling, this was the happiest moment in her whole life.
She never wanted it to end.
As they came to a red light the car began to slide across the ice. Jazper put both hands on the wheel and slammed on his brakes and the car finally stopped. Ivy and Jazper looked at each other and started laughing.

That was too close she thought. The light turned green and Jazper pulled forward, Ivy saw a red car out of the corner of her eye and she knew it was going too fast to stop, the next thing she knew everything was in slow motion and everything went black.