Chapter 1

- Pretty soon she was queen at the age of fourteen -

The utterly obnoxious sound of an alarm clock going off filled the silent room. A lone hand snaked out from under the covers to turn it off. It fumbled around to find the clock before just pulling out the cord in desperation. The hand retreated back into the covers and silence filled the room once more.

The mound of covers shifted and fourteen year old Treat Akutsuki sat up slowly. Treat's short brown hair stuck out crazily. Sleepily, she eyed the room before she groaned and collapsed back into bed.

"TREAT AKUTSUKI! TIME TO GET UP!" Her mother called, as if she could hear the apathy.

Treat groaned again and climbed out of bed. She pulled on some faded jeans and threw on a  "Perfect Circle" tee-shirt. Treat pulled on and slopily tied her boots, then buckled her studded belt.

She walked over to her vanity, brushed her hair, and grabbed her rose patterned eye patch and tied it on. Treat had lost an eye some time ago in sixth grade and no one had questioned it. But this loss also cost her most beloved friends. The whispers started and the names came, her statued crumbled.

She stared at herself in mirror before she grabbed a hand full of her short dull brown hair and tied it a little pony tail. Treat stared at herself in the mirror for a while before banging her head on the vanity.

The girl met her twin on the upstairs floor and they decended together. Trick was wearing a similar low grade outfit. A "Three Days Grace" tee-shirt, old worn jeans, black vans, with his long dark brown hair tied back in a ponytail.

In unison, they worked to make breakfast in silence. Treat, oddly, filled two little tiny bottles with maple syrup as tick put two waffles in the toaster. The two waffles popped out as Trick put his backpack on. Treat slung her violet checkered bag over one shoulder as she snatched a waffle from her brother.

They raced out to the bus that was waiting for them. Both ignore the silence that met them when they walked down the aisle. Treat forcefully slung herself down next to Ritsu Namine, her crossdressing friend, whilst Trick sat next to Renji Hoshikujika (god damn his last name was a pain), their other crossdressing friend. Treat handed Trick a bottle of maple syrup from across the aisle, then she took a bite of the waffle and a gulp of syrup.

Once the bus recovered from their entrance, Ritsu spoke to her.

"How's your eye? Does it hurt?" He asked moving his red hair behind his shoulder.

"It doesn't hurt anymore, Ritsu," Treat replied between bites. "It hasn't hurt since seventh grade. I told you that along time ago, why do you still ask?"

"And why are you practically asexual?" Ritsu snapped. Treat shrugged and continued to eat. She knew he cared for her, he just didn't show it.

Renji from across the aisle pulled his red hair into a low ponytail with a bow and attempted to keep his long bangs out of the way.

"We just want to check on you Treat," Renji said in a caring voice. "Too make sure your alright. Its what friends do."

Treat always wondered why Renji didn't have very many friends. Renji was a terribly nice person, the kind that everyone would like as a friend. The best type of friend one could have, in Treat's opinion. But Renji was bullied for dressing like a girl. It was the same for Ritsu. Ritsu maybe tough and mean on the outside, he could be a good person. The only difference between the two was that Ritsu wouldn't take your shit whilst Renji would stand and take it.

Tarou Fujiako, Renji's friend,  turned around to face them from the seat in front of them to make a symbol of agreement. Makoto Okimura, also Renji's friend, grunted in agreement as well.