Chapter Forty-One

I grabbed my phone and car keys and walked out of the hotel. The wedding was in a week, and Zara wasn't returning any of my phone calls or talking to me at all. I went to her house but was only able to talk to her parents. My parents were shocked by what I did. So were Zara's parents. But later I found out the wedding wasn't cancelled, so that's a good sign, right? 

As I was driving towards Zara's house, I took a little detour to the florist. I remember Zara telling me once that she loved red roses. While I was heading out of the florist shop, my phone started vibrating in my pant pocket. I took it out and glanced at the name - Perrie. I hung up and put it back in my pocket and got in the car. She called again, and I hung up again. The third time she called, I answered. I didn't want to, but I just wanted her to tell me to stop calling me. I was done with her. 

"Zayn, I'm sorry to bother you, but I need to tell you something. It's important," She whispered.

"Well, I don't want to talk to you. Because of you, I almost lost the girl I love," I snapped.

"I'm pregnant," She said quietly into the phone.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant," She repeated.

"Who's the dad?" I asked. It cannot be me.

"You,"

"How?"

"That night. I wasn't on the pill, and -"

But I cut her off, "I have to go," I said into the phone and hung up. 

I wanted to go to Zara's house, but now this just happened. Ugh. I rest my head against my headrest and shut my eyes for a while.